Bikers` rally in Lucknow to raise voice for women`s rights
Lucknow: Hundreds of motorbike riders will take out a rally here this Republic Day, Jan 26, to create awareness about women`s rights.
A group of 500 young bikers, including 150 women, will join the rally organised by Ashayein, a non-governmental organisation, to highlight challenges faced by women in the society.
The rally will also promote the 1090 helpline so that women could easily register complaints against any wrongdoing done to them.
"It is immensely important for the women to come ahead and speak up against the challenges and injustices they face in the society," said Soodip Neogi, chief functionary, Ashayein.
National level biker Andrews James, who will participate in the rally, said: "It is the social stigma in the Indian society that restricts the Indian girls to open up and come out to complain against the challenges they face."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know