Billy Joel song "We didn`t start the Fire" adapted by Samajwadi Party in UP
Lucknow: Billy Joel`s popular English number "We didn`t Start the Fire" has been adapted into a Hindi song by the ruling Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh for promoting its supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav.
The rights of the Grammy winner has been bought by SP for the jingle to give a musical touch to the party`s campaign ahead of the Lok Sabha polls due in May next year.
"The party has bought rights of the song and its adaption `Man se hain Mulayam Irade Loha hai`(He is soft-hearted but iron-willed) will be used for promotion of Netaji (Mulayam) in Loksabha polls. It has already been uploaded on party website and Facebook page", a senior party leader told.
The lyrics of the song has been written by Mulayam`s teacher Udai Pratap Singh, a former Rajya Sabha MP and Chairman of the UP Hindi Sansthan having cabinet minister status.
Bollywood playback singer Javed Ali has lent his voice for the adaption, whose rights were purchased by a Mumbai-based production house for the SP, the leader said.
The song, "Man se hai Mulayam", which has been made as the punchline of all advertisements of SP dotting the state, also features names of prominent socialist leaders.
Welfare schemes of the Akhilesh government have also been listed in the lyrics of the song.
Composed by Bollywood based composer Nikhil, the SP has also come out with two other songs rendered by Javed and Rekha Bhardwaj for party`s campaign.
The party hopes that the songs "Jago Samajwadiyo" and "Kasam Khatey hain" will help in motivating the cadre during the polls.
Composer Nikhil and singer Javed had earlier worked on song "Ye Samajwadi Jhanda" during 2012 assembly polls. This song was widely appreicated by the party cadre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- HEINOUS: 30-year-old man rapes 4-year-old; DCW chief asks 'when will Delhi be rape free'
- Vijay Mallya's loan default case: DRT to resume hearing on UBHL's plea countering banks
- German bar attacker Syrian, had psychiatric problems
- SHOCKING: When Narsingh Yadav was caught cheating in a Maharashtra police exam!
- Delhi again failed her Nirbhaya, says DCW chief as 14-year-old Dalit rape victim dies