Biting cold in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Biting cold and thick fog claimed
16 more lives in Uttar Pradesh in the past 24 hours taking the
toll due to adverse weather in the state to 61.
The traffic flow remained badly affected due to a blanket
of fog with trains running upto 10 to 12 hours behind schedule
and some being cancelled.
Reports reaching here said that six people died of cold
and in accidents in Barabanki followed by three in Azamgarh,
two each in Basti, Kanpur dehat and Fatehpur and one in
In Jaunpur some 18 passengers were injured when the bus
in which they were travelling overturned due to poor
visibility, reports said adding that they have been
MET office sources said night temperatures fell in
Meerut, Bareilly, Jhansi, Gorakhpur, Varanasi and Kanpur
Most of the districts recorded below normal temperatures,
The lowest temperature of three degrees was recorded at
Najibabad in Bijnore, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family