Biting cold in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Biting cold and thick fog claimed
16 more lives in Uttar Pradesh in the past 24 hours taking the
toll due to adverse weather in the state to 61.
The traffic flow remained badly affected due to a blanket
of fog with trains running upto 10 to 12 hours behind schedule
and some being cancelled.
Reports reaching here said that six people died of cold
and in accidents in Barabanki followed by three in Azamgarh,
two each in Basti, Kanpur dehat and Fatehpur and one in
In Jaunpur some 18 passengers were injured when the bus
in which they were travelling overturned due to poor
visibility, reports said adding that they have been
MET office sources said night temperatures fell in
Meerut, Bareilly, Jhansi, Gorakhpur, Varanasi and Kanpur
Most of the districts recorded below normal temperatures,
The lowest temperature of three degrees was recorded at
Najibabad in Bijnore, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!