BJP accuses Congress of vote bank politics
Lucknow: Accusing Congress of indulging in vote bank politics, BJP on Thursday launched the `Assam Bachao Desh Bachao` campaign in Uttar Pradesh to protest against violence in the north-eastern state.
"Incidents of violence in Assam are due to vote bank politics of Congress. The party has launched a state-wide campaign to protest against incidents of violence in Assam, which took place due to Bangladeshi infiltrators," BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak told reporters here.
He said that when Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was Rajya Sabha MP from Assam, then why was he unable to implement an agreement made by former PM Rajiv Gandhi.
Pathak alleged that Bangladeshi infiltrators were a big problem for the country due to which problems were being faced by natives of Assam, which was main cause of violence there.
He said that Congress instead of indulging in vote bank politics should take stern measures to solve the problem caused by Bangladeshi infiltrators.
The spokesman said that as a part of campaign seminars and demonstrations were held at several places in the state including Kanpur, Lalitpur, Unnao, Bahriach and Shravasti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter