BJP accuses Congress of vote bank politics
Lucknow: Accusing Congress of indulging in vote bank politics, BJP on Thursday launched the `Assam Bachao Desh Bachao` campaign in Uttar Pradesh to protest against violence in the north-eastern state.
"Incidents of violence in Assam are due to vote bank politics of Congress. The party has launched a state-wide campaign to protest against incidents of violence in Assam, which took place due to Bangladeshi infiltrators," BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak told reporters here.
He said that when Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was Rajya Sabha MP from Assam, then why was he unable to implement an agreement made by former PM Rajiv Gandhi.
Pathak alleged that Bangladeshi infiltrators were a big problem for the country due to which problems were being faced by natives of Assam, which was main cause of violence there.
He said that Congress instead of indulging in vote bank politics should take stern measures to solve the problem caused by Bangladeshi infiltrators.
The spokesman said that as a part of campaign seminars and demonstrations were held at several places in the state including Kanpur, Lalitpur, Unnao, Bahriach and Shravasti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’