BJP accuses UP govt of covering up CMO abduction
Lucknow: The BJP on Friday accused the Uttar Pradesh government of "covering up" the alleged abduction of a chief medical officer in Gonda and sought an independent probe into the incident.
BJP state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai said that Minister of State for Revenue Vinod Kumar Singh, who was allegedly involved in the kidnapping, should have been immediately dismissed by the government after the incident.
He should have been arrested and a criminal case lodged against him, Bajpai said.
Alleging that the government wanted to end the matter by taking his resignation and conducting an inquiry by the commissioner, he demanded an effective and independent inquiry into it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption