BJP accuses UP govt of covering up CMO abduction
Lucknow: The BJP on Friday accused the Uttar Pradesh government of "covering up" the alleged abduction of a chief medical officer in Gonda and sought an independent probe into the incident.
BJP state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai said that Minister of State for Revenue Vinod Kumar Singh, who was allegedly involved in the kidnapping, should have been immediately dismissed by the government after the incident.
He should have been arrested and a criminal case lodged against him, Bajpai said.
Alleging that the government wanted to end the matter by taking his resignation and conducting an inquiry by the commissioner, he demanded an effective and independent inquiry into it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!