BJP accuses UP govt of covering up CMO abduction
Lucknow: The BJP on Friday accused the Uttar Pradesh government of "covering up" the alleged abduction of a chief medical officer in Gonda and sought an independent probe into the incident.
BJP state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai said that Minister of State for Revenue Vinod Kumar Singh, who was allegedly involved in the kidnapping, should have been immediately dismissed by the government after the incident.
He should have been arrested and a criminal case lodged against him, Bajpai said.
Alleging that the government wanted to end the matter by taking his resignation and conducting an inquiry by the commissioner, he demanded an effective and independent inquiry into it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ICICI, Axis banks join Swift's global payments initiative
- Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde drench in colours of old-age romance in 'Sarsariya' from 'Mohenjo Daro'!
- Wayne Rooney aims to take up coaching after retirement
- Need for 'Sharia' like laws to check crimes against women: MNS chief Raj Thackeray
- Muttiah Muralitharan: Sri Lanka cricket files complaint against former off-spinner for insulting team manager