BJP accuses UP govt of covering up CMO abduction
Lucknow: The BJP on Friday accused the Uttar Pradesh government of "covering up" the alleged abduction of a chief medical officer in Gonda and sought an independent probe into the incident.
BJP state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai said that Minister of State for Revenue Vinod Kumar Singh, who was allegedly involved in the kidnapping, should have been immediately dismissed by the government after the incident.
He should have been arrested and a criminal case lodged against him, Bajpai said.
Alleging that the government wanted to end the matter by taking his resignation and conducting an inquiry by the commissioner, he demanded an effective and independent inquiry into it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?