BJP accuses UP govt of covering up CMO abduction
Lucknow: The BJP on Friday accused the Uttar Pradesh government of "covering up" the alleged abduction of a chief medical officer in Gonda and sought an independent probe into the incident.
BJP state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai said that Minister of State for Revenue Vinod Kumar Singh, who was allegedly involved in the kidnapping, should have been immediately dismissed by the government after the incident.
He should have been arrested and a criminal case lodged against him, Bajpai said.
Alleging that the government wanted to end the matter by taking his resignation and conducting an inquiry by the commissioner, he demanded an effective and independent inquiry into it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Sahara auction: Sebi adds 16 land parcels, bid price Rs 650 crore
- Poland urges rethink of closer EU integration
- Impact of Brexit on Mahindra Group will be muted: CFO
- Donald Trump says Britons ''took back control of their country'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan laud Shekhar Kapur's daughter's soul-stirring debut song – Watch