BJP activist, 6 others booked in communal clash case
Muzaffarnagar: A BJP activist and six others have been booked on charges of attempt to murder and rioting in connection with a communal clash in Soram village in the district, police said on Thursday.
BJP activist Umesh Mallick, along with six others, has been booked in connection with the clash between two groups in Shahpur area on Tuesday, police said.
Police had earlier registered cases against 150 people and arrested 14 persons in this connection.
The clash started after a person, Mohd Wali, was injured in an attack by some people belonging to another community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report