BJP activist, 6 others booked in communal clash case
Muzaffarnagar: A BJP activist and six others have been booked on charges of attempt to murder and rioting in connection with a communal clash in Soram village in the district, police said on Thursday.
BJP activist Umesh Mallick, along with six others, has been booked in connection with the clash between two groups in Shahpur area on Tuesday, police said.
Police had earlier registered cases against 150 people and arrested 14 persons in this connection.
The clash started after a person, Mohd Wali, was injured in an attack by some people belonging to another community.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video