BJP announces to boycott committee formed to probe TV sting
Lucknow: Describing the all party committee formed to probe the veracity of a sting operation on Muzaffarnagar riots as "useless", the BJP on Wednesday announced to boycott it.
A seven-member all party committee of UP Assembly was formed yesterday to probe the veracity of a sting operation by a news channel, reportedly showing political interference in functioning of police during the Muzaffarnagar riots, and involvement of UP minister Azam Khan in it.
"After his name came in the sting operation, Azam Khan should have either resigned or have been removed from the post," BJP legislature party leader Hukum Singh said.
"There is no meaning of the Assembly committee when the minister continues on the post...BJP will boycott it," he said.
Senior BJP leader and local MP Lalji Tandon termed the committee as "useless" and alleged that some of its members were directly or indirectly involved in the riots.
The committee was formed after a resolution passed in the House on September 19 on demand of members of various parties.
The committee will systematically probe the veracity of the sting operation and probe the CD and other documents, collect documentary and verbal evidences, Principal Secretary of the Vidhan Sabha Pradeep Kumar Dubey had said yesterday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark