BJP announces to boycott committee formed to probe TV sting
Lucknow: Describing the all party committee formed to probe the veracity of a sting operation on Muzaffarnagar riots as "useless", the BJP on Wednesday announced to boycott it.
A seven-member all party committee of UP Assembly was formed yesterday to probe the veracity of a sting operation by a news channel, reportedly showing political interference in functioning of police during the Muzaffarnagar riots, and involvement of UP minister Azam Khan in it.
"After his name came in the sting operation, Azam Khan should have either resigned or have been removed from the post," BJP legislature party leader Hukum Singh said.
"There is no meaning of the Assembly committee when the minister continues on the post...BJP will boycott it," he said.
Senior BJP leader and local MP Lalji Tandon termed the committee as "useless" and alleged that some of its members were directly or indirectly involved in the riots.
The committee was formed after a resolution passed in the House on September 19 on demand of members of various parties.
The committee will systematically probe the veracity of the sting operation and probe the CD and other documents, collect documentary and verbal evidences, Principal Secretary of the Vidhan Sabha Pradeep Kumar Dubey had said yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'