BJP asks Mayawati to issue white paper on assets
Lucknow: The Bhartiya Janata Party on Tuesday
demanded that Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and BSP supremo Mayawati issue a white paper on her assets and those of her family members.
"Instead of misleading the people, Mayawati should issue
a white paper on her assets and those owned by her family
members," party spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak told reporters
He said that the BSP supremo should give a point wise
reply on the allegations levelled by the BJP against her
brother Anand and his wife.
BJP had yesterday accused Anand Kumar, the brother of the
BSP Supremo, and his wife of parking money through ghost and
dummy companies at Noida.
"There are 26 companies linked with dubious transactions,
dealings and investment, of which seven closed down after
financial transactions of Anand Kumar," BJP National Secretary
Kirit Somaiya had alleged while releasing the list of
He had alleged that more than 100 such companies were
involved in the Noida scam.
Pathak said that Mayawati should tell the people about
her assets and those owned by her family members, including
brother and his wife.
"Allegations against Anand are of a serious a nature
and people need to know the reality," he said.
He said that the BSP was misleading the people by
terming these allegations as false and baseless and making
statements like "imported leaders".
The spokesman demanded that a thorough probe into the
Mayawati today hit out at the opposition parties for
targeting her government and the party and said such attacks
would only work to her advantage in the assembly elections due
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14