BJP attacks Akhilesh government over law and order
Lucknow: Hitting out at the Akhilesh Yadav government over its handling of law and order, the BJP today alleged that instead of taking steps to control crime, the UP Chief Minister is engaged in a blame game.
"The Chief Minister, instead of focusing on law and order, is busy blaming the opposition parties and media for creating a hype," BJP chief spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said here.
He said in the state, which has recently seen riots at various places, incidents of caste-based hatred are now taking place.
Akhilesh said the government will not tolerate any laxity on part of the officials, but his "silence" on the recent incidents raises questions over his style of working, he said, referring to an incident in Etawah, where a couple was allegedly humiliated in full public view two days back.
"Police took five hours to travel a distance of five kilometres. Despite such a laxity no action was taken on police personnel because they enjoy backing of SP leaders," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Tusshar Kapoor’s baby Laksshya born via surrogacy clicked with grandpa Jeetendra – See Pic
- Asin Thottumkal's Italian sojourn with hubby Rahul Sharma is the perfect vacation plan we all want! See pics
- China bans Lady Gaga after Dalai Lama meeting?
- India seen to grow faster than emerging market peers
- Soccer fans mock as England dumped out of Europe twice in a week