BJP attacks Akhilesh government over law and order
Lucknow: Hitting out at the Akhilesh Yadav government over its handling of law and order, the BJP today alleged that instead of taking steps to control crime, the UP Chief Minister is engaged in a blame game.
"The Chief Minister, instead of focusing on law and order, is busy blaming the opposition parties and media for creating a hype," BJP chief spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said here.
He said in the state, which has recently seen riots at various places, incidents of caste-based hatred are now taking place.
Akhilesh said the government will not tolerate any laxity on part of the officials, but his "silence" on the recent incidents raises questions over his style of working, he said, referring to an incident in Etawah, where a couple was allegedly humiliated in full public view two days back.
"Police took five hours to travel a distance of five kilometres. Despite such a laxity no action was taken on police personnel because they enjoy backing of SP leaders," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack