BJP attacks Akhilesh government over law and order
Lucknow: Hitting out at the Akhilesh Yadav government over its handling of law and order, the BJP today alleged that instead of taking steps to control crime, the UP Chief Minister is engaged in a blame game.
"The Chief Minister, instead of focusing on law and order, is busy blaming the opposition parties and media for creating a hype," BJP chief spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said here.
He said in the state, which has recently seen riots at various places, incidents of caste-based hatred are now taking place.
Akhilesh said the government will not tolerate any laxity on part of the officials, but his "silence" on the recent incidents raises questions over his style of working, he said, referring to an incident in Etawah, where a couple was allegedly humiliated in full public view two days back.
"Police took five hours to travel a distance of five kilometres. Despite such a laxity no action was taken on police personnel because they enjoy backing of SP leaders," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Kejriwal gives one week deadline to discoms to solve outages problem
- French Open 2016: Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray through as Angelique Kerber exits
- 'Asian Century' largely depends on India, China: Pranab Mukherjee
- Beijing medals at risk for Russia after positive re-tests
- IPL 2016: AB de Villiers, Iqbal Abdullah take RCB into final with stunning win over GL in Qualifier 1