BJP attacks Akhilesh government over law and order
Lucknow: Hitting out at the Akhilesh Yadav government over its handling of law and order, the BJP today alleged that instead of taking steps to control crime, the UP Chief Minister is engaged in a blame game.
"The Chief Minister, instead of focusing on law and order, is busy blaming the opposition parties and media for creating a hype," BJP chief spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said here.
He said in the state, which has recently seen riots at various places, incidents of caste-based hatred are now taking place.
Akhilesh said the government will not tolerate any laxity on part of the officials, but his "silence" on the recent incidents raises questions over his style of working, he said, referring to an incident in Etawah, where a couple was allegedly humiliated in full public view two days back.
"Police took five hours to travel a distance of five kilometres. Despite such a laxity no action was taken on police personnel because they enjoy backing of SP leaders," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday