BJP believes in integration, Congress divisive in nature: Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau
Elaborate security arrangements have been put in place for the Gujarat Chief Minister. National Security Guard commandos, Special Task Force personnel from Gujarat and more than 1,000 UP policemen have turned the Kothi Meena Bazar ground into a fortress.
While metal detectors were installed at the entrance gates, parking slots were earmarked several kilometres away from the venue.
Security forces have been facing a daunting task to guard the BJP’s PM candidate, who is considered to be on the hit list of terror outfit Indian Mujahideen. A series of small bombs killed six people at a rally the Gujarat Chief Minister held in the city of Patna on October 27.
An elite team protecting Modi has been ordered to secure all public meetings using the same tactics of the Special Protection Group that guards former and serving prime ministers and their families along the lines of the US Secret Service.
Modi’s now has three layers of protection: one group to take on any attackers, a second to provide cover and a third to get him to safety.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued