BJP comes out in support of Ramdev
Lucknow: BJP on Thursday came out in support of
Baba Ramdev`s campaign against black money and said the
Centre`s "reluctance" to release the names of those persons
whose unaccounted wealth is stashed in foreign banks is due to
"apprehension of loss of face for it".
"We have already written a letter to Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh demanding a list of names whose black money is
stashed in foreign banks and we support Baba Ramdev`s campaign
on this count", Gadkari told newspersons after inaugurating an
exhibition of 100 "scams" of Uttar Pradesh government at the
venue of the party national working committee here.
The BJP president said "the reluctance shown by the
central government for release of names of those whose wealth
lies abroad perhaps has emanated from the apprehension of loss
of face for the central government".
On the two-day working committee meeting, Gadkari said a
vision document on the party`s "long-term plans for
development and good administration for Uttar Pradesh by
eradicting fear,hunger and corruption" would be presented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video