BJP declares 4th list of UP poll candidates
New Delhi: BJP on Friday released its fourth
list of 34 candidates for Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections,
which includes four women and five Scheduled Caste candidates.
Radhamohan Das Aggarwal will be the party candidate from
Gorakhpur urban constituency. He has represented the
constituency several times in the past.
Ramji Kesharvani (Allahabad West), Arun Kumar (Bareilly),
Rajlakshmi Verma (Kursi), Triveni Ram (Alapur), Pankaj Gupta
(Unnao) and Somendra Tomar (Meerut South) are some of the
candidates who figure in the list.
The party has fielded RP Kushwaha (Shivpur) from OBC
community to which former tainted cabinet minister in Mayawati
government Babu Singh Kushwaha belongs. BJP is aggressively
wooing the non-Yadav OBC votes including Kushwahas, Mauryas,
Koeris and Kicchas.
BJP will declare candidates for the remaining seats in
the coming week, sources said.
The party top brass is divided on whether to field
firebrand Hindutva leader Uma Bharti and former party
president Rajnath Singh`s son Pankaj and has not
been able to zero in on the constituency for these leaders.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis