BJP declares candidate for Pipraich Assembly seat
Lucknow: BJP on Sunday declared Radhey Shyam
Singh as its candidate for Pipraich Assembly seat, where
bypoll is scheduled on May 8, party sources said here.
The name of Singh was declared by party state
president Surya Pratap Shahi, they said.
The Pipraich seat in Gorakhpur fell vacant after death
of BSP leader and former minister Jaumna Prasad Nishad, who
died in an accident last year.
Nishad`s wife Rajmati is contesting from the seat from
Samajwadi Party after being expelled from BSP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note