BJP demands 3rd post mortem of Lakhimpur girl
Lucknow: BJP on Tuesday demanded third post mortem
of the body of a 14-year-old girl, found hanging inside a
police station premises in Lakhimpur district, under the
supervision of judicial officers.
The party also demanded immediate resignation of Uttar
Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati, alleging that her government
has failed to provide security of the people, it said in a
BJP state chief Surya Pratap Shahi today visited
Nighasan, where the teenager`s body was found hanging in a
police station, and demanded a third post mortem examination
under the supervision of judicial officers, alleging that
government was trying to hide facts as proved by the second
post mortem report, which confirmed murder of the girl.
The mother of the deceased in the FIR has alleged rape
and murder, he said, adding that it is more shameful as the
crime had been committed in the police station.
He also demanded immediate arrest of the policemen
responsible for the incident.
The BJP leader held BSP leaders and workers responsible
for deteriorating law and order situation in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!