BJP demands 3rd post mortem of Lakhimpur girl
Lucknow: BJP on Tuesday demanded third post mortem
of the body of a 14-year-old girl, found hanging inside a
police station premises in Lakhimpur district, under the
supervision of judicial officers.
The party also demanded immediate resignation of Uttar
Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati, alleging that her government
has failed to provide security of the people, it said in a
BJP state chief Surya Pratap Shahi today visited
Nighasan, where the teenager`s body was found hanging in a
police station, and demanded a third post mortem examination
under the supervision of judicial officers, alleging that
government was trying to hide facts as proved by the second
post mortem report, which confirmed murder of the girl.
The mother of the deceased in the FIR has alleged rape
and murder, he said, adding that it is more shameful as the
crime had been committed in the police station.
He also demanded immediate arrest of the policemen
responsible for the incident.
The BJP leader held BSP leaders and workers responsible
for deteriorating law and order situation in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma