BJP demands 3rd post mortem of Lakhimpur girl
Lucknow: BJP on Tuesday demanded third post mortem
of the body of a 14-year-old girl, found hanging inside a
police station premises in Lakhimpur district, under the
supervision of judicial officers.
The party also demanded immediate resignation of Uttar
Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati, alleging that her government
has failed to provide security of the people, it said in a
BJP state chief Surya Pratap Shahi today visited
Nighasan, where the teenager`s body was found hanging in a
police station, and demanded a third post mortem examination
under the supervision of judicial officers, alleging that
government was trying to hide facts as proved by the second
post mortem report, which confirmed murder of the girl.
The mother of the deceased in the FIR has alleged rape
and murder, he said, adding that it is more shameful as the
crime had been committed in the police station.
He also demanded immediate arrest of the policemen
responsible for the incident.
The BJP leader held BSP leaders and workers responsible
for deteriorating law and order situation in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez