BJP demands 3rd post mortem of Lakhimpur girl
Lucknow: BJP on Tuesday demanded third post mortem
of the body of a 14-year-old girl, found hanging inside a
police station premises in Lakhimpur district, under the
supervision of judicial officers.
The party also demanded immediate resignation of Uttar
Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati, alleging that her government
has failed to provide security of the people, it said in a
BJP state chief Surya Pratap Shahi today visited
Nighasan, where the teenager`s body was found hanging in a
police station, and demanded a third post mortem examination
under the supervision of judicial officers, alleging that
government was trying to hide facts as proved by the second
post mortem report, which confirmed murder of the girl.
The mother of the deceased in the FIR has alleged rape
and murder, he said, adding that it is more shameful as the
crime had been committed in the police station.
He also demanded immediate arrest of the policemen
responsible for the incident.
The BJP leader held BSP leaders and workers responsible
for deteriorating law and order situation in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried