BJP demands 3rd post mortem of Lakhimpur girl
Lucknow: BJP on Tuesday demanded third post mortem
of the body of a 14-year-old girl, found hanging inside a
police station premises in Lakhimpur district, under the
supervision of judicial officers.
The party also demanded immediate resignation of Uttar
Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati, alleging that her government
has failed to provide security of the people, it said in a
BJP state chief Surya Pratap Shahi today visited
Nighasan, where the teenager`s body was found hanging in a
police station, and demanded a third post mortem examination
under the supervision of judicial officers, alleging that
government was trying to hide facts as proved by the second
post mortem report, which confirmed murder of the girl.
The mother of the deceased in the FIR has alleged rape
and murder, he said, adding that it is more shameful as the
crime had been committed in the police station.
He also demanded immediate arrest of the policemen
responsible for the incident.
The BJP leader held BSP leaders and workers responsible
for deteriorating law and order situation in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to star in Ajay Devgn's ‘Baadshaho’?
- AgustaWestland bribery scam: CBI questions ex-IAF deputy chief JS Gujaral
- Subramanian Swamy may soon form Virat Hindustan Sansadiya Sangam of MPs for grand Hindutva concept
- Indian Premier League, Match 28: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab - Preview
- Indian Premier League, Match 29: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Mumbai Indians - Preview