BJP demands CBI inquiry into allegations against ministers
Lucknow: BJP on Monday demanded a CBI inquiry
into the allegations leveled against two senior state
ministers by some protestors last week during chief minister
Mayawati`s Aligarh visit.
"Two women had leveled serious allegations against
state ministers and as there is no hope of the government
doing anything in the matter we demand a CBI inquiry into it,"
BJP spokesman Hriday Narain Dixit told media here.
Claiming that the administration was acting tough
against the protesting women for breaching the security of the
chief minister, Dixit said that it would be the first time
that the government would get cases registered against those
who were demanding justice.
Lashing out at the "dismal law and order", and the
rise in cases of crime against women, Dixit said that the
party would raise the issue effectively in both the houses of
the legislature during the ongoing budget session.
On the Fatehpur incident in which the girl who had
resisted the rape attempt was attacked, Dixit charged the
state police with complete insensitivity. "The Special DG,
Brij Lal gave his verdict even before the case was probed,"
Citing the various cases of rape hitting the headlines
in the state, Dixit said that the party`s women wing would
stage a dharna at the state level on February 10 while similar
protests would be staged throughout the state on February 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door