BJP demands CBI inquiry into allegations against ministers
Lucknow: BJP on Monday demanded a CBI inquiry
into the allegations leveled against two senior state
ministers by some protestors last week during chief minister
Mayawati`s Aligarh visit.
"Two women had leveled serious allegations against
state ministers and as there is no hope of the government
doing anything in the matter we demand a CBI inquiry into it,"
BJP spokesman Hriday Narain Dixit told media here.
Claiming that the administration was acting tough
against the protesting women for breaching the security of the
chief minister, Dixit said that it would be the first time
that the government would get cases registered against those
who were demanding justice.
Lashing out at the "dismal law and order", and the
rise in cases of crime against women, Dixit said that the
party would raise the issue effectively in both the houses of
the legislature during the ongoing budget session.
On the Fatehpur incident in which the girl who had
resisted the rape attempt was attacked, Dixit charged the
state police with complete insensitivity. "The Special DG,
Brij Lal gave his verdict even before the case was probed,"
Citing the various cases of rape hitting the headlines
in the state, Dixit said that the party`s women wing would
stage a dharna at the state level on February 10 while similar
protests would be staged throughout the state on February 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick