BJP demands CBI inquiry into allegations against ministers
Lucknow: BJP on Monday demanded a CBI inquiry
into the allegations leveled against two senior state
ministers by some protestors last week during chief minister
Mayawati`s Aligarh visit.
"Two women had leveled serious allegations against
state ministers and as there is no hope of the government
doing anything in the matter we demand a CBI inquiry into it,"
BJP spokesman Hriday Narain Dixit told media here.
Claiming that the administration was acting tough
against the protesting women for breaching the security of the
chief minister, Dixit said that it would be the first time
that the government would get cases registered against those
who were demanding justice.
Lashing out at the "dismal law and order", and the
rise in cases of crime against women, Dixit said that the
party would raise the issue effectively in both the houses of
the legislature during the ongoing budget session.
On the Fatehpur incident in which the girl who had
resisted the rape attempt was attacked, Dixit charged the
state police with complete insensitivity. "The Special DG,
Brij Lal gave his verdict even before the case was probed,"
Citing the various cases of rape hitting the headlines
in the state, Dixit said that the party`s women wing would
stage a dharna at the state level on February 10 while similar
protests would be staged throughout the state on February 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you