BJP demands CBI probe into HYV leader`s murder
Lucknow: Alleging law and order crisis in Uttar Pradesh, BJP on Thursday burnt an effigy of the state government here and demanded CBI inquiry into the murder of a Hindu Yuva Vahini (HYV) leader.
The BJP workers, led by state party president Laxmi Kant Bajpai, also raised slogans against UP police for forcibly removing MP Yogi Adityanath from a train compartment at Ghaziabad railway station yesterday, preventing him from going to Tanda in Ambedkar Nagar district where HYV leader Ram Babu Gupta was shot dead on March 3.
Bajpai alleged that the law and order machinery in the state had collapsed and the morale of mischief-makers was high due to an appeasement policy adopted by the government.
Alleging that a Samajwadi Party MLA was involved in Gupta`s murder, Bajpai accused the local administration of shielding the culprits and demanded a CBI inquiry into the incident along with financial assistance of Rs 25 lakh for the kin of the deceased.
Talking about Adityanath being prevented from going to Tanda, Bajpai said the move amounted to a breach of the MP`s privilege and called for action to be taken against those who had detained him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy