BJP demands CBI probe into HYV leader`s murder
Lucknow: Alleging law and order crisis in Uttar Pradesh, BJP on Thursday burnt an effigy of the state government here and demanded CBI inquiry into the murder of a Hindu Yuva Vahini (HYV) leader.
The BJP workers, led by state party president Laxmi Kant Bajpai, also raised slogans against UP police for forcibly removing MP Yogi Adityanath from a train compartment at Ghaziabad railway station yesterday, preventing him from going to Tanda in Ambedkar Nagar district where HYV leader Ram Babu Gupta was shot dead on March 3.
Bajpai alleged that the law and order machinery in the state had collapsed and the morale of mischief-makers was high due to an appeasement policy adopted by the government.
Alleging that a Samajwadi Party MLA was involved in Gupta`s murder, Bajpai accused the local administration of shielding the culprits and demanded a CBI inquiry into the incident along with financial assistance of Rs 25 lakh for the kin of the deceased.
Talking about Adityanath being prevented from going to Tanda, Bajpai said the move amounted to a breach of the MP`s privilege and called for action to be taken against those who had detained him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered