BJP demands CBI probe into Kumbh `mismanagement`
Lucknow: BJP on Thursday demanded a CBI inquiry into mismanagement exposed by Comptroller Auditor General of India in its report on Maha Kumbh organised at Allahabad last year.
In the light of the issue raised in the UP Assembly, BJP state unit president Laxmi Kant Bajpai said that state and Centre`s share on organising the Kumbh mela was fixed in the ratio of 70:30, but the state transferred special package of Rs 800 crore in its own account.
He alleged that it was a serious issue, therefore the matter must be probed by the CBI.
He also demanded CBI probe into financial irregularities in construction of memorials and parks during previous Mayawati regime as pointed out by the CAG in its report.
As a result of financial irregularities, the cost of these projects which was initially estimated at Rs 943.73 crore escalated to Rs 4558.01 crore, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love