BJP demands CBI probe into Kumbh `mismanagement`
Lucknow: BJP on Thursday demanded a CBI inquiry into mismanagement exposed by Comptroller Auditor General of India in its report on Maha Kumbh organised at Allahabad last year.
In the light of the issue raised in the UP Assembly, BJP state unit president Laxmi Kant Bajpai said that state and Centre`s share on organising the Kumbh mela was fixed in the ratio of 70:30, but the state transferred special package of Rs 800 crore in its own account.
He alleged that it was a serious issue, therefore the matter must be probed by the CBI.
He also demanded CBI probe into financial irregularities in construction of memorials and parks during previous Mayawati regime as pointed out by the CAG in its report.
As a result of financial irregularities, the cost of these projects which was initially estimated at Rs 943.73 crore escalated to Rs 4558.01 crore, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown