BJP demands CBI probe into Kumbh `mismanagement`
Lucknow: BJP on Thursday demanded a CBI inquiry into mismanagement exposed by Comptroller Auditor General of India in its report on Maha Kumbh organised at Allahabad last year.
In the light of the issue raised in the UP Assembly, BJP state unit president Laxmi Kant Bajpai said that state and Centre`s share on organising the Kumbh mela was fixed in the ratio of 70:30, but the state transferred special package of Rs 800 crore in its own account.
He alleged that it was a serious issue, therefore the matter must be probed by the CBI.
He also demanded CBI probe into financial irregularities in construction of memorials and parks during previous Mayawati regime as pointed out by the CAG in its report.
As a result of financial irregularities, the cost of these projects which was initially estimated at Rs 943.73 crore escalated to Rs 4558.01 crore, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened