BJP demands President`s rule in UP
Lucknow: Alleging that free and fair
Assembly elections were not possible with Mayawati at the
helm of affairs in Uttar Pradesh, BJP on Friday demanded dismissal
of the BSP government in the state.
"Free and fair Assembly polls slated for next year are not
possible with Mayawati heading the government and we urge
Governor B L Joshi to recommend imposition of President`s
rule", BJP spokesman Rajendra Tewari said.
Referring to the Zila panchayat and Block Pramukh elections
held in the state recently, Tewari alleged that Mayawati had
blatantly misused government machinery and used money power to
ensure the victory of her candidates.
"Those who wanted to contest against the BSP supporters
were not even allowed to fill their nomination papers and
those who somehow managed to do so were pressurised to
withdraw them," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi