BJP demands President`s rule in UP
Lucknow: Alleging that free and fair
Assembly elections were not possible with Mayawati at the
helm of affairs in Uttar Pradesh, BJP on Friday demanded dismissal
of the BSP government in the state.
"Free and fair Assembly polls slated for next year are not
possible with Mayawati heading the government and we urge
Governor B L Joshi to recommend imposition of President`s
rule", BJP spokesman Rajendra Tewari said.
Referring to the Zila panchayat and Block Pramukh elections
held in the state recently, Tewari alleged that Mayawati had
blatantly misused government machinery and used money power to
ensure the victory of her candidates.
"Those who wanted to contest against the BSP supporters
were not even allowed to fill their nomination papers and
those who somehow managed to do so were pressurised to
withdraw them," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket