BJP demands President`s rule in UP
Lucknow: Alleging that free and fair
Assembly elections were not possible with Mayawati at the
helm of affairs in Uttar Pradesh, BJP on Friday demanded dismissal
of the BSP government in the state.
"Free and fair Assembly polls slated for next year are not
possible with Mayawati heading the government and we urge
Governor B L Joshi to recommend imposition of President`s
rule", BJP spokesman Rajendra Tewari said.
Referring to the Zila panchayat and Block Pramukh elections
held in the state recently, Tewari alleged that Mayawati had
blatantly misused government machinery and used money power to
ensure the victory of her candidates.
"Those who wanted to contest against the BSP supporters
were not even allowed to fill their nomination papers and
those who somehow managed to do so were pressurised to
withdraw them," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding