BJP demands removal of three top UP officials
Lucknow: Demanding removal of three top
officials of Mayawati-led Uttar Pradesh government, a
delegation of state BJP leaders on Friday met Chief Election
Commissioner SY Quraishi here.
The party delegation, led by Shyam Nandan Singh, met
Quraishi and election commissioners HS Brahma and VS
Sampath and demanded "immediate removal" of cabinet secretary
Shashank Shekhar Singh, principal secretary, Home, Kunwar
Fateh Bahadur and director general of police Brijlal.
The BJP feels free and fair polls in the politically
crucial state of UP are not possible till the top bureaucrats
are removed from key posts, they alleged in complaint.
The leaders alleged that these officers were affecting
polls, and free and fair polls were not possible without their
An EC team, led by Quraishi, is on a two-day visit from
today here to review the preparations for Uttar Pradesh
The party also handed over an 18-point memorandum to the
EC in which it was alleged that government machinery is being
misused by the ruling BSP.
They also pointed out that hoardings of Chief Minister
was not removed and the officers were working in favour of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt