BJP demands removal of three top UP officials
Lucknow: Demanding removal of three top
officials of Mayawati-led Uttar Pradesh government, a
delegation of state BJP leaders on Friday met Chief Election
Commissioner SY Quraishi here.
The party delegation, led by Shyam Nandan Singh, met
Quraishi and election commissioners HS Brahma and VS
Sampath and demanded "immediate removal" of cabinet secretary
Shashank Shekhar Singh, principal secretary, Home, Kunwar
Fateh Bahadur and director general of police Brijlal.
The BJP feels free and fair polls in the politically
crucial state of UP are not possible till the top bureaucrats
are removed from key posts, they alleged in complaint.
The leaders alleged that these officers were affecting
polls, and free and fair polls were not possible without their
An EC team, led by Quraishi, is on a two-day visit from
today here to review the preparations for Uttar Pradesh
The party also handed over an 18-point memorandum to the
EC in which it was alleged that government machinery is being
misused by the ruling BSP.
They also pointed out that hoardings of Chief Minister
was not removed and the officers were working in favour of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- Bihar polls: Wave in favour of BJP, will form next government, says Mulayam Singh Yadav