BJP demands removal of three top UP officials
Lucknow: Demanding removal of three top
officials of Mayawati-led Uttar Pradesh government, a
delegation of state BJP leaders on Friday met Chief Election
Commissioner SY Quraishi here.
The party delegation, led by Shyam Nandan Singh, met
Quraishi and election commissioners HS Brahma and VS
Sampath and demanded "immediate removal" of cabinet secretary
Shashank Shekhar Singh, principal secretary, Home, Kunwar
Fateh Bahadur and director general of police Brijlal.
The BJP feels free and fair polls in the politically
crucial state of UP are not possible till the top bureaucrats
are removed from key posts, they alleged in complaint.
The leaders alleged that these officers were affecting
polls, and free and fair polls were not possible without their
An EC team, led by Quraishi, is on a two-day visit from
today here to review the preparations for Uttar Pradesh
The party also handed over an 18-point memorandum to the
EC in which it was alleged that government machinery is being
misused by the ruling BSP.
They also pointed out that hoardings of Chief Minister
was not removed and the officers were working in favour of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31