BJP demands SIT inquiry into land deals in UP
Lucknow: Alleging a Rs 40,000-crore scam
in land allotment in Noida, the BJP on Saturday demanded that the
Supreme Court appoint a special team to probe "deals" between
Uttar Pradesh government and private builders.
"Land worth Rs 60,000 crore was allotted at throwaway
prices to handpicked builders for Rs 19,490 crore in the last
one year," BJP national secretary Kirit Somaiya alleged and
demanded that all deals finalised in 2010-11 be immediately
He claimed that land acquired for public purpose was
handed over for commercial exploitation for the benefit of
He alleged that in one case land was allotted to a
company before it was incorporated.
"Eight out of 13 companies involved in land allotment
were incorporated between 2010 and 2011 with capital of Rs 1
lakh only," he alleged.
"The BJP demands a thorough investigation by a Supreme
Court monitored Special Investigation Team to probe Noida land
scam," he said.
The BJP leader demanded that all deals finalised in
2010 and 2011 be cancelled and the antecedents of promoters,
consortiums and owner of these companies be probed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!