BJP district president, 41 others booked for snatching buffaloes in UP
Aligarh: The district president of BJP here was booked along with 41 others for allegedly snatching buffaloes from two traders, police said on Monday.
An FIR under Section 395 of the IPC (dacoity) was registered yesterday against Devraj Singh, the district BJP president, and party leader Poonam Bajaj along with 40 of their supporters in connection with the incident which took place on Ramghat Road, police said.
According to police, the two cattle traders were coming with some buffaloes from a local market when they were confronted by the accused who thrashed them and took away two of their buffaloes.
District Magistrate Rajiv Routela said that the accused had obstructed the complainants` right to trade.
"We are not going to permit anybody to indulge in illegal acts, especially those who try to disturb the peace in the city," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29