BJP district president, 41 others booked for snatching buffaloes in UP
Aligarh: The district president of BJP here was booked along with 41 others for allegedly snatching buffaloes from two traders, police said on Monday.
An FIR under Section 395 of the IPC (dacoity) was registered yesterday against Devraj Singh, the district BJP president, and party leader Poonam Bajaj along with 40 of their supporters in connection with the incident which took place on Ramghat Road, police said.
According to police, the two cattle traders were coming with some buffaloes from a local market when they were confronted by the accused who thrashed them and took away two of their buffaloes.
District Magistrate Rajiv Routela said that the accused had obstructed the complainants` right to trade.
"We are not going to permit anybody to indulge in illegal acts, especially those who try to disturb the peace in the city," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark