BJP downplays Rawat`s resignation from party posts
Dehradun: The BJP on Monday sought to downplay former MP Bacchi Singh Rawat`s resignation from all party posts saying candidates have not been decided for any of the five Lok Sabha seats in Uttarakhand as yet and there is no question of Rawat being ignored.
"The party`s parliamentary board may take a final call on candidates from the seats in Uttarakhand on March 13. Bacchi Singh Rawat is one of the pillars whose contribution to the party cannot be forgotten.”
"The party`s highest decision making body will definitely discuss with him all the points before finalising nominees from Uttarakhand," Leader of Opposition in Uttarakhand Assembly Ajay Bhatt said here.
Bacchi Singh Rawat, who had represented the Almora seat in Parliament four times in the past, resigned from all posts in the party yesterday alleging that his name was dropped from the list of three probables which was to be sent to party`s central leadership by the Pradesh unit for consideration for Nainital seat.
Alleging that only one name was sent in place of three, he said it was a violation of party norms.
The names of Bacchi Singh Rawat, former chief minister Bhagat Singh Koshiyari and Balraj Pasi were to be sent to the central leadership for consideration for Nainital seat but only Koshiyari`s name was finally forwarded by the state unit of the party, he alleged.
However, Bhatt claimed that three to four names each have been forwarded to the Central leadership for consideration for all the five Lok Sabha seats located in Uttarakhand and Rawat will be definitely taken into confidence before a final decision is taken in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH