BJP expels 54 workers
Lucknow: Cracking the whip, BJP has expelled 54 workers, who are contesting against authorised candidates of the party in the ongoing urban local body elections.
"During a meeting of the local body poll steering committee, 54 people, those contesting elections against authorised candidates of the party, have been expelled," BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak today said.
The meeting was attended by state president Laxmikant Bajpai, Surya Pratap Shahi, Om Prakash Singh and MP Lalji Tandon among others.
Prominent leaders to be expelled from the party include former MLA Hari Pratap Singh, state secretary Shailtanya Srivastava, contesting mayor election from Allahabad, Prabha Chaudhary and her husband Jitendra Chaudhary, Pathak said.
"State president Laxmi Kant Bajpai has directed the regional coordinators to identify such party workers and leaders and send the list to the senior leadership so that disciplinary action can be taken against them," he said.
The local body election will commence on June 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world