‘BJP has no moral right to raise corruption issue’
Lucknow: Holding that BJP has no moral
right to raise the issue of corruption after the Karnataka
mining scam, former BJP leader Kalyan Singh on Monday said the
party would stand exposed if governments in Chhattisgarh and
Jharkhand issue a white paper on mining contracts.
"The BJP has no moral right to raise issue of
corruption after the mining scam in Karnataka involving BJP
leaders. I dare Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand governments to
issue a white paper on mining contracts awarded in their
states," Singh said.
Though BJP has taken up cudgels against corruption,
its leaders are involved in such practises, he alleged.
He said in the aftermath of the 2012 Assembly polls,
the BJP, in the hope of getting some ministerial berths, would
support BSP as no party would get an absolute majority.
On Uma Bharti, who is stated to have a hold on his
Lodh vote bank, Singh said only election results would give a
reply to this.
Asked about his Jan Kranti Party`s prospects in the UP
Assembly polls, Singh said his "honesty, credibility and clean
track record as Chief Minister would help the party, which
would alone contest all 403 seats in the state".
"Party nai hai par hum to purane hain", (Party is new,
but I am an old face in state politics), Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video