BJP has reservations on right to recall provision
Lucknow: Opposition BJP on Tuesday said it had
some reservations over the provision of right to recall as
part of poll reforms in the country.
"The BJP is working on poll reforms since last year but
the party has reservations on the issue of right to recall,"
party vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi told reporters here.
"As far as right to recall is concerned, time has gone
when polls were held after a gap of five years, now an
election or a bypoll is taking place after every six months in
which people have the opportunity to recall," he said.
Naqvi said the party had given suggestions relating to
electronic voting which had been accepted by the Election
"Now after casting his or her vote, the electorate will
get a receipt of the same," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Brexit: This is what India Inc has to say
- When Arvind Kejriwal was mocked for seeking Brexit-style referendum on Delhi statehood
- US reiterates support for India's NSG bid
- PM Narendra Modi meets Belarus, Tajikistan leaders in Tashkent
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui defends 'Babumoshai Bandookbaaz' director, says incident narrated by Chitrangada Singh didn't happen!