BJP has reservations on right to recall provision
Lucknow: Opposition BJP on Tuesday said it had
some reservations over the provision of right to recall as
part of poll reforms in the country.
"The BJP is working on poll reforms since last year but
the party has reservations on the issue of right to recall,"
party vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi told reporters here.
"As far as right to recall is concerned, time has gone
when polls were held after a gap of five years, now an
election or a bypoll is taking place after every six months in
which people have the opportunity to recall," he said.
Naqvi said the party had given suggestions relating to
electronic voting which had been accepted by the Election
"Now after casting his or her vote, the electorate will
get a receipt of the same," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation