BJP has reservations on right to recall provision
Lucknow: Opposition BJP on Tuesday said it had
some reservations over the provision of right to recall as
part of poll reforms in the country.
"The BJP is working on poll reforms since last year but
the party has reservations on the issue of right to recall,"
party vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi told reporters here.
"As far as right to recall is concerned, time has gone
when polls were held after a gap of five years, now an
election or a bypoll is taking place after every six months in
which people have the opportunity to recall," he said.
Naqvi said the party had given suggestions relating to
electronic voting which had been accepted by the Election
"Now after casting his or her vote, the electorate will
get a receipt of the same," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview