BJP holds kisan panchayat at Bhatta Parsaul
Lucknow: BJP is organising a kisan panchayat at Bhatta Parsaul in Gautam Buddha Nagar on Saturday as part of its Kisan Bachao Desh Bachao yatra despite denial of
permission by the Uttar Pradesh government.
"The panchayat has already begun at Bhatta Parsaul and the yatra, which started from Kuberpur in Agra on June 8, will be reaching shortly," BJP national vice-president Kalraj Mishra, who is leading the yatra, told a news agency.
He alleged that there was resentment among farmers that their land was being forcibly acquired and proper compensation was not being paid by the government.
"The party has taken up the challenge and will hold the panchayat at Bhatta Parsaul," state president Surya Pratap Shahi had said.
The yatra, which started on June 8, would end today at Greater Noida extension and national president Nitin Gadkari will attend the concluding function, party spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said.
He said that the yatra had so far covered 43 villages falling under Yamuna Expressway covering a distance of more than 200 kms.
BJP had sought permission from the state government to hold a panchayat at Bhatta Parsaul village, but the same had been denied.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire