BJP holds kisan panchayat at Bhatta Parsaul
Lucknow: BJP is organising a kisan panchayat at Bhatta Parsaul in Gautam Buddha Nagar on Saturday as part of its Kisan Bachao Desh Bachao yatra despite denial of
permission by the Uttar Pradesh government.
"The panchayat has already begun at Bhatta Parsaul and the yatra, which started from Kuberpur in Agra on June 8, will be reaching shortly," BJP national vice-president Kalraj Mishra, who is leading the yatra, told a news agency.
He alleged that there was resentment among farmers that their land was being forcibly acquired and proper compensation was not being paid by the government.
"The party has taken up the challenge and will hold the panchayat at Bhatta Parsaul," state president Surya Pratap Shahi had said.
The yatra, which started on June 8, would end today at Greater Noida extension and national president Nitin Gadkari will attend the concluding function, party spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak said.
He said that the yatra had so far covered 43 villages falling under Yamuna Expressway covering a distance of more than 200 kms.
BJP had sought permission from the state government to hold a panchayat at Bhatta Parsaul village, but the same had been denied.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?