BJP holds kisan panchayat at Bhatta Parsaul
Lucknow: BJP is organising a kisan
panchayat at Bhatta Parsaul in Gautam Buddha Nagar on Saturday as
part of its Kisan Bachao Desh Bachao yatra despite denial of
permission by the Uttar Pradesh government.
"The panchayat has already begun at Bhatta Parsaul
and the yatra, which started from Kuberpur in Agra on June 8,
will be reaching shortly," BJP national vice-president Kalraj
Mishra, who is leading the yatra said.
He alleged that there was resentment among farmers
that their land was being forcibly acquired and proper
compensation was not being paid by the government.
"The party has taken up the challenge and will hold
the panchayat at Bhatta Parsaul," state president Surya Pratap
Shahi had said.
The yatra, which started on June 8, would end today at
Greater Noida extension and national president Nitin Gadkari
will attend the concluding function, party spokesman Vijay
Bahadur Pathak said.
He said that the yatra had so far covered 43 villages
falling under Yamuna Expressway covering a distance of more
than 200 kms.
BJP had sought permission from the state government to
hold a panchayat at Bhatta Parsaul village, but the same had
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured