BJP holds kisan panchayat at Bhatta Parsaul
Lucknow: BJP is organising a kisan
panchayat at Bhatta Parsaul in Gautam Buddha Nagar on Saturday as
part of its Kisan Bachao Desh Bachao yatra despite denial of
permission by the Uttar Pradesh government.
"The panchayat has already begun at Bhatta Parsaul
and the yatra, which started from Kuberpur in Agra on June 8,
will be reaching shortly," BJP national vice-president Kalraj
Mishra, who is leading the yatra said.
He alleged that there was resentment among farmers
that their land was being forcibly acquired and proper
compensation was not being paid by the government.
"The party has taken up the challenge and will hold
the panchayat at Bhatta Parsaul," state president Surya Pratap
Shahi had said.
The yatra, which started on June 8, would end today at
Greater Noida extension and national president Nitin Gadkari
will attend the concluding function, party spokesman Vijay
Bahadur Pathak said.
He said that the yatra had so far covered 43 villages
falling under Yamuna Expressway covering a distance of more
than 200 kms.
BJP had sought permission from the state government to
hold a panchayat at Bhatta Parsaul village, but the same had
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!