BJP hopes to become stronger with Kalyan Singh`s homecoming
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday expressed its delight over former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Kalyan Singh returning to its fold, saying the outfit will become stronger with his homecoming.
BJP spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said Kalyan Singh has played a prominent role in taking the party forward.
"Kalyan Singhji has been a senior leader of the party. He has played a prominent role in taking the party forward. It was unfortunate that he was outside the party for a few days. The party will become stronger after his return," he said.
According to reports, Kalyan Singh is all set to make a comeback to the BJP next year. He has also met BJP president Nitin Gadkari in this regard.
Kalyan Singh`s re-induction is being seen by many as an attempt on part of the BJP to bolster its political presence in Uttar Pradesh.
Citing neglect and humiliation in the BJP, Kalyan Singh resigned from the primary membership of the party on January 20, 2009. The former Uttar Pradesh chief minister left the BJP after the party rejected his request to change Ashok Pradhan`s candidature from Bulandshahar.
Kalyan Singh, who joined hands with Mulayam Singh Yadav before the Lok Sabha polls, later in January 2010 announced the formation of a new Hindutva-oriented political party, the Jan Kranti Party.
Kalyan Singh has served three times as the chief minister of Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Milo Yiannopoulos Twitter ban: WikiLeaks threatens to start its own micro-blogging service
- Critically rare white African lion cub born in Texas zoo- See pic!
- Hillary Clinton's legacy is death, destruction, weakness: Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump
- Seers, religious orders need to work towards a modern India: PM Modi
- Has Dhanush replaced Vicky Kaushal in Bejoy Nambiar's next?