BJP leader Vinay Katiyar put under house arrest in Faizabad
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: In a bid to maintain peace in the region on the occasion of the culmination of banned 84-Kosi Parikrama of Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP), the authorities on Thursday put BJP leader Vinay Katiyar under house arrest in Faizabad.
A flag march was on Wednesday conducted by security personnel here in view of a proposed gathering called by Vishwa Hindu Parishad on Thursday in the area to mark the conclusion of the VHP yatra and Faizabad district officials said they were taking no chances.
A grand finale of the 84 Kosi Yatra is being planned in Makhoda in Basti district on September 12 and 13.
"Prohibitory orders have been issued in Faizabad and Ayodhya while the 84-Kosi Parikrama is banned any way. We will not allow any illegal activities in Ayodhya," Faizabad District Magistrate, Vipin Dwivedi, who led the flag march along with SSP KB Singh, had said yesterday.
The Akhilesh Yadav government had banned the VHP yatra, which was to have started on August 25, saying it would disturb communal harmony in the state.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video