BJP leader Vinay Katiyar put under house arrest in Faizabad
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: In a bid to maintain peace in the region on the occasion of the culmination of banned 84-Kosi Parikrama of Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP), the authorities on Thursday put BJP leader Vinay Katiyar under house arrest in Faizabad.
A flag march was on Wednesday conducted by security personnel here in view of a proposed gathering called by Vishwa Hindu Parishad on Thursday in the area to mark the conclusion of the VHP yatra and Faizabad district officials said they were taking no chances.
A grand finale of the 84 Kosi Yatra is being planned in Makhoda in Basti district on September 12 and 13.
"Prohibitory orders have been issued in Faizabad and Ayodhya while the 84-Kosi Parikrama is banned any way. We will not allow any illegal activities in Ayodhya," Faizabad District Magistrate, Vipin Dwivedi, who led the flag march along with SSP KB Singh, had said yesterday.
The Akhilesh Yadav government had banned the VHP yatra, which was to have started on August 25, saying it would disturb communal harmony in the state.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today