BJP leader Vinay Katiyar put under house arrest in Faizabad
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: In a bid to maintain peace in the region on the occasion of the culmination of banned 84-Kosi Parikrama of Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP), the authorities on Thursday put BJP leader Vinay Katiyar under house arrest in Faizabad.
A flag march was on Wednesday conducted by security personnel here in view of a proposed gathering called by Vishwa Hindu Parishad on Thursday in the area to mark the conclusion of the VHP yatra and Faizabad district officials said they were taking no chances.
A grand finale of the 84 Kosi Yatra is being planned in Makhoda in Basti district on September 12 and 13.
"Prohibitory orders have been issued in Faizabad and Ayodhya while the 84-Kosi Parikrama is banned any way. We will not allow any illegal activities in Ayodhya," Faizabad District Magistrate, Vipin Dwivedi, who led the flag march along with SSP KB Singh, had said yesterday.
The Akhilesh Yadav government had banned the VHP yatra, which was to have started on August 25, saying it would disturb communal harmony in the state.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune