BJP leaders meet UP CM, demands action against vandals
Lucknow: A delegation of BJP leaders today met Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and demanded stern action against those involved in vandalism in the state capital while expressing concern over such incidents.
"We met the CM this evening and discussed the issue, the manner in which people went on rampage and the local administration remained a mute spectator," BJP national vice-president Kalraj Mishra said.
He alleged the mob not only vandalise parks and damaged statues but also indulged in arson, misbehaved with women and children and manhandled media persons.
"We told the CM it was an attack on the culture of the city and the indifferent attitude of the administration was shocking while the mob went on rampage," Mishra said.
He alleged it seemed that members of ISI and SIMI were behind the incident.
"The delegation told the CM that UP is a sensitive state and such type of incidents will send a wrong message," he said.
The BJP leader demanded that those behind the incident should be identified and arrested.
"The CM assured that anarchy will not be tolerated and strict measures have been taken," Mishra said.
He said Akhilesh also assured to get the damaged statues replaced.
Protest against incidents in Myanmar and Assam turned violent here with rampaging mob of protesters indulging in brick batting in parts of the state capital on Friday.
The protest march which started from near the Tile Wali masjid after the Alvida namaz created a ruckus on the way forcing business establishments to close down and damaging and vandalising parks and vehicles.
When the RAF and PAC tried to chase them away they indulged in heavy brick batting damaging public property and vehicles.
The protesters also took offence to the presence of media covering the event and also damaged their vehicles and electronic equipments.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory