BJP leaders meet UP CM, demands action against vandals
Lucknow: A delegation of BJP leaders today met Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and demanded stern action against those involved in vandalism in the state capital while expressing concern over such incidents.
"We met the CM this evening and discussed the issue, the manner in which people went on rampage and the local administration remained a mute spectator," BJP national vice-president Kalraj Mishra said.
He alleged the mob not only vandalise parks and damaged statues but also indulged in arson, misbehaved with women and children and manhandled media persons.
"We told the CM it was an attack on the culture of the city and the indifferent attitude of the administration was shocking while the mob went on rampage," Mishra said.
He alleged it seemed that members of ISI and SIMI were behind the incident.
"The delegation told the CM that UP is a sensitive state and such type of incidents will send a wrong message," he said.
The BJP leader demanded that those behind the incident should be identified and arrested.
"The CM assured that anarchy will not be tolerated and strict measures have been taken," Mishra said.
He said Akhilesh also assured to get the damaged statues replaced.
Protest against incidents in Myanmar and Assam turned violent here with rampaging mob of protesters indulging in brick batting in parts of the state capital on Friday.
The protest march which started from near the Tile Wali masjid after the Alvida namaz created a ruckus on the way forcing business establishments to close down and damaging and vandalising parks and vehicles.
When the RAF and PAC tried to chase them away they indulged in heavy brick batting damaging public property and vehicles.
The protesters also took offence to the presence of media covering the event and also damaged their vehicles and electronic equipments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far