BJP leader`s relative commits suicide in Kanpur
Kanpur: A man, identified as the nephew of a senior BJP leader, allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison following a fight with his wife in Dadikha village at Bilhaur district here, police said on Tuesday.
Rajesh (35) consumed poison yesterday after having a fight with his wife, they said. He was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he was declared brought dead.
Rajesh is reportedly the nephew of BJP national vice president Vinay Katiyar.
Police said Katiyar along with other party leaders reached the district after the news of Rajesh`s death got spread.
A panel of doctors, constituted by the district magistrate in view of the case being high profile, conducted the postmortem last evening, police said.
An investigation into the incident is on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital