BJP leader`s relative commits suicide in Kanpur
Kanpur: A man, identified as the nephew of a senior BJP leader, allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison following a fight with his wife in Dadikha village at Bilhaur district here, police said on Tuesday.
Rajesh (35) consumed poison yesterday after having a fight with his wife, they said. He was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he was declared brought dead.
Rajesh is reportedly the nephew of BJP national vice president Vinay Katiyar.
Police said Katiyar along with other party leaders reached the district after the news of Rajesh`s death got spread.
A panel of doctors, constituted by the district magistrate in view of the case being high profile, conducted the postmortem last evening, police said.
An investigation into the incident is on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez