BJP leader`s relative commits suicide in Kanpur
Kanpur: A man, identified as the nephew of a senior BJP leader, allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison following a fight with his wife in Dadikha village at Bilhaur district here, police said on Tuesday.
Rajesh (35) consumed poison yesterday after having a fight with his wife, they said. He was rushed to a nearby hospital, where he was declared brought dead.
Rajesh is reportedly the nephew of BJP national vice president Vinay Katiyar.
Police said Katiyar along with other party leaders reached the district after the news of Rajesh`s death got spread.
A panel of doctors, constituted by the district magistrate in view of the case being high profile, conducted the postmortem last evening, police said.
An investigation into the incident is on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply