BJP member raises Moradabad issue in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: A BJP member in Lok Sabha on Friday raised the issue of a recent clash over use of loudspeakers in a temple in an Uttar Pradesh town, leading to a war of words with the sole member of Samajwadi Party present in the House.
BJP`s Nepal Singh raised the issue as an urgent matter of public importance and alleged that policemen detained leaders of his party and manhandled them.
He claimed that an issue of privilege was involved as he was not allowed to visit the troubled Kanth town in Moradabad.
Dharmendra Yadav, the only SP member present in the House, denied the charge and accused BJP of raising a state law and order issues in Parliament. This led to a vebal duel between him and BJP members.
SP is the ruling party in Uttar Pradesh.
Hukum Singh, who was chairing the proceedings, tried to calm the members by asking Nepal Singh to state his demand and refrain from narrating the incident.
Clashes between BJP workers and policemen began after the party called for a mahapanchayat -- in defiance of state orders banning it over the removal of a loudspeaker from a Dalit temple in Kanth town.
Raising the matter of delay in issue of passports in Thiruvananthapuram, KC Venugopal of Congress said passport offices there do not have adequate papers and lamination sheets for printing.
He urged the External Affairs Ministry to look into the matter and issue directives to deliver the required raw materials.
Dharmendra Yadav of SP demanded that the syllabus of UPSC should be revamped so that those students coming from rural areas can compete and called for a fair system to be adopted.
BJP`s Yogi Adityanath too demanded that UPSC CSAT examination be brought to an end as it is difficult for Hindi- speaking students coming from rural areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?