BJP member raises Moradabad issue in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: A BJP member in Lok Sabha on Friday raised the issue of a recent clash over use of loudspeakers in a temple in an Uttar Pradesh town, leading to a war of words with the sole member of Samajwadi Party present in the House.
BJP`s Nepal Singh raised the issue as an urgent matter of public importance and alleged that policemen detained leaders of his party and manhandled them.
He claimed that an issue of privilege was involved as he was not allowed to visit the troubled Kanth town in Moradabad.
Dharmendra Yadav, the only SP member present in the House, denied the charge and accused BJP of raising a state law and order issues in Parliament. This led to a vebal duel between him and BJP members.
SP is the ruling party in Uttar Pradesh.
Hukum Singh, who was chairing the proceedings, tried to calm the members by asking Nepal Singh to state his demand and refrain from narrating the incident.
Clashes between BJP workers and policemen began after the party called for a mahapanchayat -- in defiance of state orders banning it over the removal of a loudspeaker from a Dalit temple in Kanth town.
Raising the matter of delay in issue of passports in Thiruvananthapuram, KC Venugopal of Congress said passport offices there do not have adequate papers and lamination sheets for printing.
He urged the External Affairs Ministry to look into the matter and issue directives to deliver the required raw materials.
Dharmendra Yadav of SP demanded that the syllabus of UPSC should be revamped so that those students coming from rural areas can compete and called for a fair system to be adopted.
BJP`s Yogi Adityanath too demanded that UPSC CSAT examination be brought to an end as it is difficult for Hindi- speaking students coming from rural areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe