BJP MLA Hukum Singh files nomination from Kairana LS seat
Muzaffarnagar: BJP leader Hukum Singh has filed his nomination papers from Kairana Lok Sabha seat.
Singh, after filing his nomination papers, told reporters that his main poll issue will be development.
The BJP MLA had earlier stirred controversy by saying that he would oppose riot refugees from voting in his constituency Kairana as they were living "illegally" on government land.
Singh was among the 16 politicians and community leaders who were accused of inciting violence through inflammatory speeches in Muzaffarnagar and had been briefly under arrest.
More than 60 persons were killed and over 40,000 displaced in riots that had taken place in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September last year.
The elections in UP are scheduled to be held in six phases. The Kairana Lok Sabha constituency goes to poll on April 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Govt mulls curbs on sugar sales at mill level to check prices
- iPhone 7 to be launched on September 16: Report
- Virat Kohli: The making of India's greatest Test captain
- Pacer Neil Wagner bags six wickets as New Zealand restrict Zimbabwe to 164 on Day 1
- Price rise: FM Jaitley counters Rahul Gandhi, says bluster no match to statistics