BJP MLA Sangeet Som released on bail
Muzaffarnagar: BJP legislator Sangeet Som who was arrested for his alleged role in inciting communal violence here, was released on bail by a neighbouring Deoband court.
Som was released from Muzaffarnagar district jail here last evening after the Deoband court gave him bail. The BJP MLA is on bail in two other cases registered against him in connection with the Muzaffarnagar riots.
The MLA, accused of uploading a fake video that played a role in provoking communal tension in Muzaffarnagar in September, was arrested in Meerut on September 21. He is also facing allegations of having made inflammatory speeches.
Bail plea of another BJP MLA Suresh Rana would be heard on November 13 in a session court here.
Rana was arrested from Lucknow on September 20 for his alleged role in fanning the communal violence which left 62 persons dead and rendered 40,000 homeless.
Seven persons, including the two MLAs, were detained by district authorities here for their alleged role in the riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list