BJP MLA Sangeet Som released on bail
Muzaffarnagar: BJP legislator Sangeet Som who was arrested for his alleged role in inciting communal violence here, was released on bail by a neighbouring Deoband court.
Som was released from Muzaffarnagar district jail here last evening after the Deoband court gave him bail. The BJP MLA is on bail in two other cases registered against him in connection with the Muzaffarnagar riots.
The MLA, accused of uploading a fake video that played a role in provoking communal tension in Muzaffarnagar in September, was arrested in Meerut on September 21. He is also facing allegations of having made inflammatory speeches.
Bail plea of another BJP MLA Suresh Rana would be heard on November 13 in a session court here.
Rana was arrested from Lucknow on September 20 for his alleged role in fanning the communal violence which left 62 persons dead and rendered 40,000 homeless.
Seven persons, including the two MLAs, were detained by district authorities here for their alleged role in the riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing