BJP MLA Sangeet Som released on bail
Muzaffarnagar: BJP legislator Sangeet Som who was arrested for his alleged role in inciting communal violence here, was released on bail by a neighbouring Deoband court.
Som was released from Muzaffarnagar district jail here last evening after the Deoband court gave him bail. The BJP MLA is on bail in two other cases registered against him in connection with the Muzaffarnagar riots.
The MLA, accused of uploading a fake video that played a role in provoking communal tension in Muzaffarnagar in September, was arrested in Meerut on September 21. He is also facing allegations of having made inflammatory speeches.
Bail plea of another BJP MLA Suresh Rana would be heard on November 13 in a session court here.
Rana was arrested from Lucknow on September 20 for his alleged role in fanning the communal violence which left 62 persons dead and rendered 40,000 homeless.
Seven persons, including the two MLAs, were detained by district authorities here for their alleged role in the riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed