BJP MLA Sangeet Som`s judicial custody extended by 14 days
Muzaffarnagar: A local court on Friday extended till November 1 the judicial remand of BJP MLA Sangeet Som, accused of uploading a fake video that played a role in provoking communal tension in Muzaffarnagar and making inflammatory speeches.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Kiran Pal Singh extended the judicial remand of Som, who was produced in court on the expiry of his 14-day custody.
BJP MLA Kunwar Bhartendu Singh, accused of inciting last month`s riots here, was granted bail by another court here.
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Sunder Lal granted bail to Singh on two sureties of Rs 20,000 each.
The BJP MLA was yesterday arrested on charges of violating prohibitory orders and provoking communal tension by making inflammatory speeches during a panchayat meet in Nagla Mandaur village on August 31.
Meanwhile, a local court has issued non-bailable warrants against seven persons accused of attacking occupants of a car and burning the vehicle during the panchayat.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate has issued non-bailable warrants against Cane Societies Chairman Shyam Pal, Ansul, Om Singh, Raghuraj, Sonu, Sodan and Sarvender.
Five family members of a particular community were injured and their car burnt by rioters during the panchayat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley