BJP more worried if Amar `uncle` returning to SP: Akhilesh
Kannauj: A day after BJP president Amit Shah took a dig at SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav over his meeting with Amar Singh, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has said BJP is more worried whether Amar "uncle" is returning to SP`s fold or not.
"Amar Singh uncle aa rahe hain ya nahi...BJP ko iski jyada chinta hai (whether Amar Singh uncle is coming back (to SP) or not, BJP is more worried about it)," Yadav said today replying to a query about Singh`s return to the ruling party.
Yesterday, the BJP chief had said that SP will not get revived by bringing the former party leader back but by reaching out to people.
"They (SP) are trying to conciliate their old friends. They go to bring back Amar Singh. SP will not be revived by bringing Amar Singh back, but by reaching out to the people."
When asked about Azam Khan, who is apparently not happy with the party on this issue, Yadav said, "he is in SP and will remain in the party".
Yadav said that due to development works being initiated by the state government, the opposition did not have any agenda left and they were attacking the state government.
The Chief Minister visited the house of slain CRPF personnel Harivansh Singh, who was killed in Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh earlier this month, and handed over cheques of Rs 10 lakh each to Singh`s mother and wife.
He assured that the SP government will take full care of the martyr`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends