BJP more worried if Amar `uncle` returning to SP: Akhilesh
Kannauj: A day after BJP president Amit Shah took a dig at SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav over his meeting with Amar Singh, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has said BJP is more worried whether Amar "uncle" is returning to SP`s fold or not.
"Amar Singh uncle aa rahe hain ya nahi...BJP ko iski jyada chinta hai (whether Amar Singh uncle is coming back (to SP) or not, BJP is more worried about it)," Yadav said today replying to a query about Singh`s return to the ruling party.
Yesterday, the BJP chief had said that SP will not get revived by bringing the former party leader back but by reaching out to people.
"They (SP) are trying to conciliate their old friends. They go to bring back Amar Singh. SP will not be revived by bringing Amar Singh back, but by reaching out to the people."
When asked about Azam Khan, who is apparently not happy with the party on this issue, Yadav said, "he is in SP and will remain in the party".
Yadav said that due to development works being initiated by the state government, the opposition did not have any agenda left and they were attacking the state government.
The Chief Minister visited the house of slain CRPF personnel Harivansh Singh, who was killed in Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh earlier this month, and handed over cheques of Rs 10 lakh each to Singh`s mother and wife.
He assured that the SP government will take full care of the martyr`s family.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan