BJP MP Adityanath booked for threatening SHO in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: An FIR has been registered against BJP MP Yogi Adityanath for allegedly threatening an SHO in Gorakhpur, official sources said here on Friday.
"FIR has been registered against MP Adityanath for threatening Sanjay Rai SHO of Pipraich (Gorakhpur) police station over phone", IG law and order BP Singh told reporters here.
According to Rai, a dispute had erupted in Gambhirpur Khamaria village between two communities over washing clothes at a government tap yesterday and the situation was timely controlled by the police.
The MP called the SHO in the night and allegedly abused and threatened him over phone, Rai said in his complaint.
The IG said that some locals have also demanded removal of the SHO and had complained about him, adding that the allegations would be probed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way