BJP MP Adityanath booked for threatening SHO in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: An FIR has been registered against BJP MP Yogi Adityanath for allegedly threatening an SHO in Gorakhpur, official sources said here on Friday.
"FIR has been registered against MP Adityanath for threatening Sanjay Rai SHO of Pipraich (Gorakhpur) police station over phone", IG law and order BP Singh told reporters here.
According to Rai, a dispute had erupted in Gambhirpur Khamaria village between two communities over washing clothes at a government tap yesterday and the situation was timely controlled by the police.
The MP called the SHO in the night and allegedly abused and threatened him over phone, Rai said in his complaint.
The IG said that some locals have also demanded removal of the SHO and had complained about him, adding that the allegations would be probed.
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead