BJP MP Adityanath booked for threatening SHO in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: An FIR has been registered against BJP MP Yogi Adityanath for allegedly threatening an SHO in Gorakhpur, official sources said here on Friday.
"FIR has been registered against MP Adityanath for threatening Sanjay Rai SHO of Pipraich (Gorakhpur) police station over phone", IG law and order BP Singh told reporters here.
According to Rai, a dispute had erupted in Gambhirpur Khamaria village between two communities over washing clothes at a government tap yesterday and the situation was timely controlled by the police.
The MP called the SHO in the night and allegedly abused and threatened him over phone, Rai said in his complaint.
The IG said that some locals have also demanded removal of the SHO and had complained about him, adding that the allegations would be probed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic