BJP MP Adityanath booked for threatening SHO in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: An FIR has been registered against BJP MP Yogi Adityanath for allegedly threatening an SHO in Gorakhpur, official sources said here on Friday.
"FIR has been registered against MP Adityanath for threatening Sanjay Rai SHO of Pipraich (Gorakhpur) police station over phone", IG law and order BP Singh told reporters here.
According to Rai, a dispute had erupted in Gambhirpur Khamaria village between two communities over washing clothes at a government tap yesterday and the situation was timely controlled by the police.
The MP called the SHO in the night and allegedly abused and threatened him over phone, Rai said in his complaint.
The IG said that some locals have also demanded removal of the SHO and had complained about him, adding that the allegations would be probed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok