BJP MP demands JPC probe into CWG scam
Meerut: The national vice-president of BJP
and Member of Rajya Sabha Kalraj Mishra has demanded a Joint
Parliamentary Committee (JPC) probe into the alleged financial
irregularities in the run-up to the Commonwealth Games (CWG).
Speaking at a function here yesterday, he alleged that
the Union Government is responsible for the financial bungling
and demanded that an independent JPC be formed to probe into
the Games` scam.
On being asked about the role of BJP leader Sudhanshu
Mittal, whose residence was raided by the I-T department on
Tuesday, in connection with the CWG mess, he said the truth
will be revealed after the probe is completed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa