BJP MP demands JPC probe into CWG scam
Meerut: The national vice-president of BJP
and Member of Rajya Sabha Kalraj Mishra has demanded a Joint
Parliamentary Committee (JPC) probe into the alleged financial
irregularities in the run-up to the Commonwealth Games (CWG).
Speaking at a function here yesterday, he alleged that
the Union Government is responsible for the financial bungling
and demanded that an independent JPC be formed to probe into
the Games` scam.
On being asked about the role of BJP leader Sudhanshu
Mittal, whose residence was raided by the I-T department on
Tuesday, in connection with the CWG mess, he said the truth
will be revealed after the probe is completed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...