BJP MP detained in Ghaziabad as administration fears tension
Ghaziabad: BJP MP Yogi Adityanath was detained on Wednesday at the railway station here when he arrived to meet the family of a right-wing activist, who was shot dead by some unidentified assailants.
Adityanath had arrived here by Vaishali Express to meet the family of slain Yuva Vahini leader Babu Lal Gupta, a BJP party worker told reporters here.
Superintendent of Police Shivshankar Yadav said the BJP MP was taken into custody as they had received an order that he should not be allowed to visit Ambedkarnagar where series of arson and violence took place after Gupta was shot dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened