BJP MP detained in Ghaziabad as administration fears tension
Ghaziabad: BJP MP Yogi Adityanath was detained on Wednesday at the railway station here when he arrived to meet the family of a right-wing activist, who was shot dead by some unidentified assailants.
Adityanath had arrived here by Vaishali Express to meet the family of slain Yuva Vahini leader Babu Lal Gupta, a BJP party worker told reporters here.
Superintendent of Police Shivshankar Yadav said the BJP MP was taken into custody as they had received an order that he should not be allowed to visit Ambedkarnagar where series of arson and violence took place after Gupta was shot dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- "Voices under the rubble" after quake hits Italy; at least 38 dead
- Rafael Nadal to make Brisbane International debut in 2017
- Turkey tanks enter Syria in anti-Islamic State operation
- Union Cabinet clears Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016 – Know the new rules
- 6.8 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar; tremors felt in northeast, Kolkata, Patna, Guwahati