BJP MP detained in Ghaziabad as administration fears tension
Ghaziabad: BJP MP Yogi Adityanath was detained on Wednesday at the railway station here when he arrived to meet the family of a right-wing activist, who was shot dead by some unidentified assailants.
Adityanath had arrived here by Vaishali Express to meet the family of slain Yuva Vahini leader Babu Lal Gupta, a BJP party worker told reporters here.
Superintendent of Police Shivshankar Yadav said the BJP MP was taken into custody as they had received an order that he should not be allowed to visit Ambedkarnagar where series of arson and violence took place after Gupta was shot dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das