BJP MP detained in Ghaziabad as administration fears tension
Ghaziabad: BJP MP Yogi Adityanath was detained on Wednesday at the railway station here when he arrived to meet the family of a right-wing activist, who was shot dead by some unidentified assailants.
Adityanath had arrived here by Vaishali Express to meet the family of slain Yuva Vahini leader Babu Lal Gupta, a BJP party worker told reporters here.
Superintendent of Police Shivshankar Yadav said the BJP MP was taken into custody as they had received an order that he should not be allowed to visit Ambedkarnagar where series of arson and violence took place after Gupta was shot dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Three-year-old boy, rescued from a borewell in Gwalior, declared dead by doctors
- Thanks to natural forces, Antarctic temperature falls! But it's temporary
- I wanted to bat in the top seven for a long time, reveals Ravichandran Ashwin
- Ugly spat: Renuka Chowdhury reacts to Harsimrat Kaur's 'Kachra' allegation, calls it 'cheap political drama'
- Three suspects arrested in Florida for trying to join terror group ISIS