BJP MP detained in Ghaziabad as administration fears tension
Ghaziabad: BJP MP Yogi Adityanath was detained on Wednesday at the railway station here when he arrived to meet the family of a right-wing activist, who was shot dead by some unidentified assailants.
Adityanath had arrived here by Vaishali Express to meet the family of slain Yuva Vahini leader Babu Lal Gupta, a BJP party worker told reporters here.
Superintendent of Police Shivshankar Yadav said the BJP MP was taken into custody as they had received an order that he should not be allowed to visit Ambedkarnagar where series of arson and violence took place after Gupta was shot dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption