BJP MP protests against poor civic amenities
Gorakhpur: BJP MP from Gorakhpur Yogi Adityanath has launched a 10-day protest at Collectorate campus against the poor civic amenities and bad condition of roads here.
Accusing the Uttar Pradesh government of ignoring Gorakhpur, Adityanath said the roads are in poor condition, district was facing an acute water and power crisis, and the menace of Encephalitis was yet to be controlled.
Rather than solving such issues, the administrative machinery has been working as an agent of the ruling party, he said at the protest yesterday.
The MP warned the district authorities to intensity the protest in October if the demands were not met by then.
Adityanath, meanwhile, told reporters that during the dharna a Jan Panchayat would be held on September 24 at Nausarh chauraha followed by a protest march on September 26.
The protesters will lock the government offices on September 23 to express annoyance over the poor civic amenities, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state