BJP MP protests against poor civic amenities
Gorakhpur: BJP MP from Gorakhpur Yogi Adityanath has launched a 10-day protest at Collectorate campus against the poor civic amenities and bad condition of roads here.
Accusing the Uttar Pradesh government of ignoring Gorakhpur, Adityanath said the roads are in poor condition, district was facing an acute water and power crisis, and the menace of Encephalitis was yet to be controlled.
Rather than solving such issues, the administrative machinery has been working as an agent of the ruling party, he said at the protest yesterday.
The MP warned the district authorities to intensity the protest in October if the demands were not met by then.
Adityanath, meanwhile, told reporters that during the dharna a Jan Panchayat would be held on September 24 at Nausarh chauraha followed by a protest march on September 26.
The protesters will lock the government offices on September 23 to express annoyance over the poor civic amenities, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- No trace of missing IAF AN-32 plane as yet
- Smart dressing tips for children during monsoon
- Sensex ends the week with marginal losses; Nifty finishes flat
- Blockbuster! 'Sultan' Salman Khan's action drama inching closer to Rs 300 crore
- When hotel staff received complaints about weird noises coming out of Rahul Dravid’s room!
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav backs Dayashankar's ticket-selling allegation against Mayawati