BJP MP protests against poor civic amenities
Gorakhpur: BJP MP from Gorakhpur Yogi Adityanath has launched a 10-day protest at Collectorate campus against the poor civic amenities and bad condition of roads here.
Accusing the Uttar Pradesh government of ignoring Gorakhpur, Adityanath said the roads are in poor condition, district was facing an acute water and power crisis, and the menace of Encephalitis was yet to be controlled.
Rather than solving such issues, the administrative machinery has been working as an agent of the ruling party, he said at the protest yesterday.
The MP warned the district authorities to intensity the protest in October if the demands were not met by then.
Adityanath, meanwhile, told reporters that during the dharna a Jan Panchayat would be held on September 24 at Nausarh chauraha followed by a protest march on September 26.
The protesters will lock the government offices on September 23 to express annoyance over the poor civic amenities, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- 'Nervous' Pakistan lodges FIR against Baloch leaders for 'supporting' PM Modi's statement on Balochistan
- Amnesty row: Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara takes U-turn, denies giving clean-chit
- Volkswagen cuts 28,000 workers' hours over supply woes
- 1% TCS on cash buy not to apply on embassies, UN bodies, Govt depts
- Rio Olympics: Pele congratulates Brazil on football gold