BJP MP protests against poor civic amenities
Gorakhpur: BJP MP from Gorakhpur Yogi Adityanath has launched a 10-day protest at Collectorate campus against the poor civic amenities and bad condition of roads here.
Accusing the Uttar Pradesh government of ignoring Gorakhpur, Adityanath said the roads are in poor condition, district was facing an acute water and power crisis, and the menace of Encephalitis was yet to be controlled.
Rather than solving such issues, the administrative machinery has been working as an agent of the ruling party, he said at the protest yesterday.
The MP warned the district authorities to intensity the protest in October if the demands were not met by then.
Adityanath, meanwhile, told reporters that during the dharna a Jan Panchayat would be held on September 24 at Nausarh chauraha followed by a protest march on September 26.
The protesters will lock the government offices on September 23 to express annoyance over the poor civic amenities, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Muslims not doing 'enough' to fight Islamic State: Jordan's Queen Rania