BJP MP Yogi Adityanath arrested on DIG`s request: UP Police
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh Police on Thursday said BJP MP Yogi Adityanath was arrested in Ghaziabad on a written request of the DIG (Faizabad) who was of the view that his visit to Tanda in Ambedkar Nagar would disturb law and order.
"Yogi Adityanath was arrested on the written request of DIG (Faizabad) and SSP (Ambedkar Nagar) that his visit to Tanda will disturb the situation there," IGP (Law and Order) Raj Kumar Viashwakarma told reporters here.
To a question that Yogi was not going to Tanda, the IGP said the action was taken on the basis of intelligence report.
"We knew minute-to-minute programme of the MP," he said.
The IGP said after the arrest, Yogi was taken to the guest house.
He said the district president of Hindu Yuva Vahini Ajju Hindustani was arrested in Basti today on charges of trying to immolate himself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video