BJP MP Yogi Adityanath arrested on DIG`s request: UP Police
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh Police on Thursday said BJP MP Yogi Adityanath was arrested in Ghaziabad on a written request of the DIG (Faizabad) who was of the view that his visit to Tanda in Ambedkar Nagar would disturb law and order.
"Yogi Adityanath was arrested on the written request of DIG (Faizabad) and SSP (Ambedkar Nagar) that his visit to Tanda will disturb the situation there," IGP (Law and Order) Raj Kumar Viashwakarma told reporters here.
To a question that Yogi was not going to Tanda, the IGP said the action was taken on the basis of intelligence report.
"We knew minute-to-minute programme of the MP," he said.
The IGP said after the arrest, Yogi was taken to the guest house.
He said the district president of Hindu Yuva Vahini Ajju Hindustani was arrested in Basti today on charges of trying to immolate himself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!