BJP MP Yogi Adityanath arrested on DIG`s request: UP Police
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh Police on Thursday said BJP MP Yogi Adityanath was arrested in Ghaziabad on a written request of the DIG (Faizabad) who was of the view that his visit to Tanda in Ambedkar Nagar would disturb law and order.
"Yogi Adityanath was arrested on the written request of DIG (Faizabad) and SSP (Ambedkar Nagar) that his visit to Tanda will disturb the situation there," IGP (Law and Order) Raj Kumar Viashwakarma told reporters here.
To a question that Yogi was not going to Tanda, the IGP said the action was taken on the basis of intelligence report.
"We knew minute-to-minute programme of the MP," he said.
The IGP said after the arrest, Yogi was taken to the guest house.
He said the district president of Hindu Yuva Vahini Ajju Hindustani was arrested in Basti today on charges of trying to immolate himself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday