BJP MP Yogi Adityanath arrested on DIG`s request: UP Police
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh Police on Thursday said BJP MP Yogi Adityanath was arrested in Ghaziabad on a written request of the DIG (Faizabad) who was of the view that his visit to Tanda in Ambedkar Nagar would disturb law and order.
"Yogi Adityanath was arrested on the written request of DIG (Faizabad) and SSP (Ambedkar Nagar) that his visit to Tanda will disturb the situation there," IGP (Law and Order) Raj Kumar Viashwakarma told reporters here.
To a question that Yogi was not going to Tanda, the IGP said the action was taken on the basis of intelligence report.
"We knew minute-to-minute programme of the MP," he said.
The IGP said after the arrest, Yogi was taken to the guest house.
He said the district president of Hindu Yuva Vahini Ajju Hindustani was arrested in Basti today on charges of trying to immolate himself.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis