BJP, Mulayam Singh spreading violence in Uttar Pradesh: Beni
New Delhi: Continuing his attack on Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, Steel Minister and senior Congress leader Beni Prasad Verma on Thursday accused him of being in league with the BJP in "spreading" violence in Uttar Pradesh.
"In league with the BJP, Mulayam Singh is spreading violence in Uttar Pradesh. The Union Government should take some tough actions, the Samajwadi Party government is looting Uttar Pradesh," he told reporters here.
When asked whether Centre should be imposing President`s rule in UP, Verma said: "It would have been done, had it been in my hands".
He further said that "there is no place for people like Mulayam and (Narendra) Modi to run governments. They should be put in jail."
A few days ago, Verma had claimed that there was a threat to his life for continuously speaking against Mulayam.
Talking about the withdrawal of the controversial ordinance on convicted lawmakers, Verma praised Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, saying "he showed the way to the government, he opened our eyes".
At the same time, he also took a dig at the BJP on its stand against the ordinance.
"There is a minister in the Gujarat government, who has got 3 years punishment. Rahuljee is trying to create a politics free of crimes, while (Narendra) Modi is keeping criminals in his Cabinet," he said.
Yesterday, the Cabinet decided to withdraw the controversial ordinance on convicted lawmakers as well as a related bill after Rahul`s public denunciation of the ordinance as "complete nonsense" that deserved to be "torn and thrown away".
On Rashtriya Janata Dal Supremo Lalu Prasad`s conviction and sentencing in a corruption case, Verma said: "Law is taking its course but personally, I feel sorry for him. We were together in Janata Dal and I know him personally but the rule of law is supreme."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?