BJP names new office bearers in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: The BJP on Saturday announced list of its state office bearers, working committee members and president of frontal organisations for Uttar Pradesh.
Son of former chief minister Kalyan Singh, Rajveer Singh alias Raju Bhaiyya, who merged his Rashtriya Jankranti Party with BJP recently, has been accommodated as the state vice-president.
Similarly Gopal Tandon, the son of local MP and senior party leader Lalji Tandon, has also been appointed as the vice-president.
Other vice-presidents include Shiv Pratap Shukla, Hardwar Dubey, Kishna Paswan, Ashok Katiyar, Sarita Bhadauria and Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti.
Son of national president Rajnath Singh, Pankaj Singh, has been appointed as general secretary along with Ramnath Kovid, Swatantra Dev Singh and Devendra Singh Chauhan.
Rakesh Kumar Jain has been appointed as general secretary organisation.
Former minister Rajesh Agarwal has been appointed as treasurer.
Vijay Bahadur Pathak has been retained as the spokesman of the state unit, whereas Manish Shukla and Manish Dixit and Anita Agarwal would be media in-charge and assistant media in-charge respectively.
Manoj Mishra and Chandra Mohan Singh have also been appointed as the spokesmen.
The list of state secretaries include Anupama Jaiswal, Dayashanker Singh, Aswini Tyagi, Kanta Kardam, Nilima Katiyar, Sameer Singh, Ram Pratap Singh, Anup Gupta, Babyrani Maurya and Madhu Mishra.
Among frontal organisations, Vijay Pal Tomar has been appointed president of Kisan Morcha, Kamlawati Singh of Mahila Morcha, Rajendra Gaur of SC/ST cell and Rumana Siddiqui of minority cell.
The list includes 78 working committee members.
Former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, national president Rajnath Singh, national vice-presidents Kalraj Mishra and Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi would be among 26 permanent invitees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured