BJP names new office bearers in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: The BJP on Saturday announced list of its state office bearers, working committee members and president of frontal organisations for Uttar Pradesh.
Son of former chief minister Kalyan Singh, Rajveer Singh alias Raju Bhaiyya, who merged his Rashtriya Jankranti Party with BJP recently, has been accommodated as the state vice-president.
Similarly Gopal Tandon, the son of local MP and senior party leader Lalji Tandon, has also been appointed as the vice-president.
Other vice-presidents include Shiv Pratap Shukla, Hardwar Dubey, Kishna Paswan, Ashok Katiyar, Sarita Bhadauria and Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti.
Son of national president Rajnath Singh, Pankaj Singh, has been appointed as general secretary along with Ramnath Kovid, Swatantra Dev Singh and Devendra Singh Chauhan.
Rakesh Kumar Jain has been appointed as general secretary organisation.
Former minister Rajesh Agarwal has been appointed as treasurer.
Vijay Bahadur Pathak has been retained as the spokesman of the state unit, whereas Manish Shukla and Manish Dixit and Anita Agarwal would be media in-charge and assistant media in-charge respectively.
Manoj Mishra and Chandra Mohan Singh have also been appointed as the spokesmen.
The list of state secretaries include Anupama Jaiswal, Dayashanker Singh, Aswini Tyagi, Kanta Kardam, Nilima Katiyar, Sameer Singh, Ram Pratap Singh, Anup Gupta, Babyrani Maurya and Madhu Mishra.
Among frontal organisations, Vijay Pal Tomar has been appointed president of Kisan Morcha, Kamlawati Singh of Mahila Morcha, Rajendra Gaur of SC/ST cell and Rumana Siddiqui of minority cell.
The list includes 78 working committee members.
Former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, national president Rajnath Singh, national vice-presidents Kalraj Mishra and Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi would be among 26 permanent invitees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city