BJP not to have tie-up with any party in UP for LS polls
Ballia: The BJP on Saturday said it will not have a tie-up with any party in Uttar Pradesh for the next Lok Sabha elections.
"BJP would not enter into an alliance with anyone for the Lok Sabha polls in UP.... We are no more ready to face betrayal from anyone," state unit president of BJP Laxmikant Bajpai said here.
Referring to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav`s visit to Medawar Kala village here yesterday to offer condolences to the bereaved family of the 23 year-old Delhi gang-rape victim, Bajpai alleged that "crocodile tears" were being shed now.
"At the time of the girl`s death in Singapore, Yadav with his family was making merry in Saifai mahotsav and now he is expressing grief over the incident," Bajpai said, adding that some 75 cases of rape have been reported in the state since the Delhi incident and alleged that it was indicative of government`s insensitivity.
The BJP leader said that the chief minister admitting that over one lakh complaints have been received in the women helpline started by the UP police exposes the reality of government`s claims on law and order.
He also criticised the government for "ignoring" soldier Hemraj, who was killed by Pakistani troops along Line of Control, with none of the state officials or ministers participating in his cremation and said that it was another example of insensitivity.
To a question on return of veteran leader Kalyan Singh to the party, Bajpai said that his Rashtriya Kranti Dal would merge with the BJP on January 21.
Bajpai took exception to local BJP MLA Upendra Tewari not being allowed where the helicopter of the chief minister had landed yesterday saying that the matter would be raised in the assembly as it amounts to violation of his privileges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015