BJP opposes one-man inquiry commission in Muzaffarnagar riots
Muzaffarnagar: The BJP has refused to accept the one-man inquiry commission constituted by the Uttar Pradesh government to probe the Muzaffarnagar riots and said that the violence should be probed by a commission comprising a judge from the Supreme Court.
A memorandum was submitted by the BJP local unit to Vishnu Sahai, heading the one-man commission, demanding that the commission comprising a judge of the Supreme Court should probe the Muzaffarnagar violence.
The memorandum was submitted when the inquiry commission visited Shamli yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Casualty rate soars for Afghan security forces: NATO
- Sheena Bora murder case: 20 clips of recorded telephone conversations emerge
- Rio Olympics after-effects: Marathon runner OP Jaisha also tests positive for H1N1; hospitalised
- Hyderabad varsity JAC condemns judicial commission report
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump is taking far-right hate groups `mainstream`