BJP opposes one-man inquiry commission in Muzaffarnagar riots
Muzaffarnagar: The BJP has refused to accept the one-man inquiry commission constituted by the Uttar Pradesh government to probe the Muzaffarnagar riots and said that the violence should be probed by a commission comprising a judge from the Supreme Court.
A memorandum was submitted by the BJP local unit to Vishnu Sahai, heading the one-man commission, demanding that the commission comprising a judge of the Supreme Court should probe the Muzaffarnagar violence.
The memorandum was submitted when the inquiry commission visited Shamli yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir