BJP out to stroke communal passions with 'love jihad': Cong
Lakhimpur: Former Union Minister and Congress leader Jitin Prasad on Saturday alleged that BJP intended to provoke communal passions by raising issues like "love jihad" and "Hindu nation".
Terming "love jihad" as BJP sponsored issue, the former minister accused the BJP of creating division among people along religious and communal lines.
"Since independence, the country never encountered term 'love jihad' but now the BJP is raising the fictitious issue to derive political mileage and to divide the people," he alleged.
Jitin said that even after 100 days in power, the BJP Government has failed to fulfil any of its electoral promises and only "irrelevant issues were raised".
"Cane growers are languishing, power crisis is becoming a major issue, inflation is also on the rise but all these issues are nowhere," he said.
The Congress leader said the BJP government had failed to introduce any public welfare scheme despite being 100 days in power and it had stalled a number of such schemes which were started by the Congress government.
He threatened to launch an agitation against the Union Government if the schemes and programmes of previous UPA regime were not implemented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back