BJP out to stroke communal passions with 'love jihad': Cong
Lakhimpur: Former Union Minister and Congress leader Jitin Prasad on Saturday alleged that BJP intended to provoke communal passions by raising issues like "love jihad" and "Hindu nation".
Terming "love jihad" as BJP sponsored issue, the former minister accused the BJP of creating division among people along religious and communal lines.
"Since independence, the country never encountered term 'love jihad' but now the BJP is raising the fictitious issue to derive political mileage and to divide the people," he alleged.
Jitin said that even after 100 days in power, the BJP Government has failed to fulfil any of its electoral promises and only "irrelevant issues were raised".
"Cane growers are languishing, power crisis is becoming a major issue, inflation is also on the rise but all these issues are nowhere," he said.
The Congress leader said the BJP government had failed to introduce any public welfare scheme despite being 100 days in power and it had stalled a number of such schemes which were started by the Congress government.
He threatened to launch an agitation against the Union Government if the schemes and programmes of previous UPA regime were not implemented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- Erdogan says EU `biased and prejudiced` towards Turkey after coup bid
- Jailed Venezuelan opposition leader appeals sentence
- Cambodia blocking ASEAN consensus on South China Sea: Diplomat
- Turkey can hold suspects without charge for up to 30 days
- Piramal Enterprises to raise Rs 300 cr via non-convertible debentures