BJP out to stroke communal passions with 'love jihad': Cong
Lakhimpur: Former Union Minister and Congress leader Jitin Prasad on Saturday alleged that BJP intended to provoke communal passions by raising issues like "love jihad" and "Hindu nation".
Terming "love jihad" as BJP sponsored issue, the former minister accused the BJP of creating division among people along religious and communal lines.
"Since independence, the country never encountered term 'love jihad' but now the BJP is raising the fictitious issue to derive political mileage and to divide the people," he alleged.
Jitin said that even after 100 days in power, the BJP Government has failed to fulfil any of its electoral promises and only "irrelevant issues were raised".
"Cane growers are languishing, power crisis is becoming a major issue, inflation is also on the rise but all these issues are nowhere," he said.
The Congress leader said the BJP government had failed to introduce any public welfare scheme despite being 100 days in power and it had stalled a number of such schemes which were started by the Congress government.
He threatened to launch an agitation against the Union Government if the schemes and programmes of previous UPA regime were not implemented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details