BJP questions clean chit given to UP minister
Banda: BJP on Friday questioned the clean chit
given by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati to Rural
Development Minister Daddu Prasad, who has been accused of
sexual harassment by a woman in Chitrakoot district recently.
"How can the chief minister give a clean chit to the
minister without any inquiry? He needs to be dismissed
immediately," part vice-president Kalraj Misra told reporters
here during his Jan Swabhimaan Yatra.
The government has lost the moral right to continue in
office for even a minute, he said.
Yesterday, UP cabinet secretary Shashank Shekhar Singh
had told reporters that Mayawati was fully convinced that the
minister is being framed by opposition parties.
Misra also criticised Congress general secretary Rahul
Gandhi`s statement in Amethi yesterday that the UPA government
has been working for the poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30