BJP questions clean chit given to UP minister
Banda: BJP on Friday questioned the clean chit
given by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati to Rural
Development Minister Daddu Prasad, who has been accused of
sexual harassment by a woman in Chitrakoot district recently.
"How can the chief minister give a clean chit to the
minister without any inquiry? He needs to be dismissed
immediately," part vice-president Kalraj Misra told reporters
here during his Jan Swabhimaan Yatra.
The government has lost the moral right to continue in
office for even a minute, he said.
Yesterday, UP cabinet secretary Shashank Shekhar Singh
had told reporters that Mayawati was fully convinced that the
minister is being framed by opposition parties.
Misra also criticised Congress general secretary Rahul
Gandhi`s statement in Amethi yesterday that the UPA government
has been working for the poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!