BJP questions clean chit given to UP minister
Banda: BJP on Friday questioned the clean chit
given by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati to Rural
Development Minister Daddu Prasad, who has been accused of
sexual harassment by a woman in Chitrakoot district recently.
"How can the chief minister give a clean chit to the
minister without any inquiry? He needs to be dismissed
immediately," part vice-president Kalraj Misra told reporters
here during his Jan Swabhimaan Yatra.
The government has lost the moral right to continue in
office for even a minute, he said.
Yesterday, UP cabinet secretary Shashank Shekhar Singh
had told reporters that Mayawati was fully convinced that the
minister is being framed by opposition parties.
Misra also criticised Congress general secretary Rahul
Gandhi`s statement in Amethi yesterday that the UPA government
has been working for the poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Top 10 stocks to be on radar post Brexit
- India's forex reserves adequate to tackle Brexit impact: RBI
- Wimbledon: Leander Paes and Rohan Bopanna face-off likely in pre-quarters
- Pak envoy Abdul Basit unfazed by LeT attack in J&K's Pampore, says 'let's enjoy Iftar party'
- Euro 2016: Italy`s Antonio Candreva to miss pre-quarters clash with Spain