BJP raps UP govt for crime against women, announces protest
Kanpur: BJP women`s wing chief Smriti
Irani today slammed the state government for the law and order
situation and announced that her party will soon launch a
state-wide agitation to protest the rising cases of crime
against women in Uttar Pradesh.
The actress-turned-politician made this announcement
when she was visiting the Hallet Hospital here to meet the
16-year-old dalit girl, who was maimed for resisting a rape
attempt in Bindaki area of Fatehpur district.
The minor girl`s nose, ear and part of a hand were
slashed after she resisted a rape attempt by three men and
raised an alarm.
On the Sunday`s incident when a personal security
officer of Chief Minister Mayawati bent down to clean her
shoes in Auriya district, she said "how will police officers
get time to maintain law and order in the state if they are
cleaning shoes of the CM".
She alleged that the crime against women in Uttar
Pradesh have increased rapidly even though it is being
governed by a Dalit women.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know