BJP raps UP govt for crime against women, announces protest
Kanpur: BJP women`s wing chief Smriti
Irani today slammed the state government for the law and order
situation and announced that her party will soon launch a
state-wide agitation to protest the rising cases of crime
against women in Uttar Pradesh.
The actress-turned-politician made this announcement
when she was visiting the Hallet Hospital here to meet the
16-year-old dalit girl, who was maimed for resisting a rape
attempt in Bindaki area of Fatehpur district.
The minor girl`s nose, ear and part of a hand were
slashed after she resisted a rape attempt by three men and
raised an alarm.
On the Sunday`s incident when a personal security
officer of Chief Minister Mayawati bent down to clean her
shoes in Auriya district, she said "how will police officers
get time to maintain law and order in the state if they are
cleaning shoes of the CM".
She alleged that the crime against women in Uttar
Pradesh have increased rapidly even though it is being
governed by a Dalit women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof