BJP raps UP govt for crime against women, announces protest
Kanpur: BJP women`s wing chief Smriti
Irani today slammed the state government for the law and order
situation and announced that her party will soon launch a
state-wide agitation to protest the rising cases of crime
against women in Uttar Pradesh.
The actress-turned-politician made this announcement
when she was visiting the Hallet Hospital here to meet the
16-year-old dalit girl, who was maimed for resisting a rape
attempt in Bindaki area of Fatehpur district.
The minor girl`s nose, ear and part of a hand were
slashed after she resisted a rape attempt by three men and
raised an alarm.
On the Sunday`s incident when a personal security
officer of Chief Minister Mayawati bent down to clean her
shoes in Auriya district, she said "how will police officers
get time to maintain law and order in the state if they are
cleaning shoes of the CM".
She alleged that the crime against women in Uttar
Pradesh have increased rapidly even though it is being
governed by a Dalit women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP