BJP raps UP govt for crime against women, announces protest
Kanpur: BJP women`s wing chief Smriti
Irani today slammed the state government for the law and order
situation and announced that her party will soon launch a
state-wide agitation to protest the rising cases of crime
against women in Uttar Pradesh.
The actress-turned-politician made this announcement
when she was visiting the Hallet Hospital here to meet the
16-year-old dalit girl, who was maimed for resisting a rape
attempt in Bindaki area of Fatehpur district.
The minor girl`s nose, ear and part of a hand were
slashed after she resisted a rape attempt by three men and
raised an alarm.
On the Sunday`s incident when a personal security
officer of Chief Minister Mayawati bent down to clean her
shoes in Auriya district, she said "how will police officers
get time to maintain law and order in the state if they are
cleaning shoes of the CM".
She alleged that the crime against women in Uttar
Pradesh have increased rapidly even though it is being
governed by a Dalit women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday