BJP releases booklet on scams facing UPA, UP govt
Lucknow: The BJP on Monday released `ghotala
chalisa (booklet of scams)`, containing a list of scams
plaguing the Centre and the Uttar Pradesh government involving
Rs 6.5 lakh crore.
"The a 48-page booklet will be distributed among one lakh
party workers who will expose the scams of the state
government and the Centre in each and every village of the
state," BJP national secretary Kirit Somaiya told reporters
Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh are due early next
Somaiya alleged that the ruling BSP in Uttar Pradesh and
the UPA government committed financial irregularities to the
tune of Rs 2.54 lakh crore and Rs 4 lakh crore respectively.
"The Mayawati government has proved to be the history
sheeter government of scams and corruption," BJP vice-
president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said.
He said BJP will take out a statewide Jan Swabhiman Yatra
from October 13 against corruption.
"In the last six years, 137 BJP workers had been killed
and 14,000 injured in 384 agitations organised by the party
across the country," Naqvi alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday