BJP releases booklet on scams facing UPA, UP govt
Lucknow: The BJP on Monday released `ghotala
chalisa (booklet of scams)`, containing a list of scams
plaguing the Centre and the Uttar Pradesh government involving
Rs 6.5 lakh crore.
"The a 48-page booklet will be distributed among one lakh
party workers who will expose the scams of the state
government and the Centre in each and every village of the
state," BJP national secretary Kirit Somaiya told reporters
Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh are due early next
Somaiya alleged that the ruling BSP in Uttar Pradesh and
the UPA government committed financial irregularities to the
tune of Rs 2.54 lakh crore and Rs 4 lakh crore respectively.
"The Mayawati government has proved to be the history
sheeter government of scams and corruption," BJP vice-
president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said.
He said BJP will take out a statewide Jan Swabhiman Yatra
from October 13 against corruption.
"In the last six years, 137 BJP workers had been killed
and 14,000 injured in 384 agitations organised by the party
across the country," Naqvi alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory