BJP seeks CBI probe into arson incident in Bulandshahr
Lucknow: Alleging connivance between police
and ruling BSP party workers in the arson and loot of houses
in Thanpur village in Bulandshahr, BJP today demanded a CBI
probe into the incident besides suspension of the policemen.
"After murder of a criminal in Thanpur area, houses and
shops of 13 families were plundered and torched by the BSP
workers and leaders in presence of police last week," BJP
Legislature Party leader Om Prakash Singh alleged here.
He said that while an FIR of murder was promptly lodged
and arrest were made, police did not registered the case of
"The situation could be gauged from the fact that the
affected families have left the village and moved elsewhere,"
he further claimed.
"The local residents have demanded a CBI probe, which
seems justified," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi