BJP seeks CBI probe into arson incident in Bulandshahr
Lucknow: Alleging connivance between police
and ruling BSP party workers in the arson and loot of houses
in Thanpur village in Bulandshahr, BJP today demanded a CBI
probe into the incident besides suspension of the policemen.
"After murder of a criminal in Thanpur area, houses and
shops of 13 families were plundered and torched by the BSP
workers and leaders in presence of police last week," BJP
Legislature Party leader Om Prakash Singh alleged here.
He said that while an FIR of murder was promptly lodged
and arrest were made, police did not registered the case of
"The situation could be gauged from the fact that the
affected families have left the village and moved elsewhere,"
he further claimed.
"The local residents have demanded a CBI probe, which
seems justified," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch